What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, but, at some point, all the wheels end up being ran in both directions. My point was that the sensors shouldn't be skitzing out over this. I've driven backward plenty fast enough and for long enough to know. :p

I double-check on unfamiliar cars. But generally, it's "cross the non-driven wheels".
WOT in reverse? :gathering:

Reaction score
WOT in reverse? :gathering:
Many, many years ago just out of high school my best friend bought a '87 or '88 Mustang GT with the 5 speed and 3.08 gears in the rear (I had a new '89 Mustang GT at the time) and we were out messing around in a parking lot one night and that dumbass dumped the clutch in reverse. The reverse gear in these T5's at the time were 3.35 ratio, so pretty stout. Needless to say, the car started hopping up and down then a big BANG and trans fluid running out from underneath. We looked and there were gears sticking out the side of the trans housing. Needless to say he needed a tow truck and a new trans.

Flooring it in reverse was enough to smoke the tires. I don't know what he was thinking when dumping the clutch in reverse

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many, many years ago just out of high school my best friend bought a '87 or '88 Mustang GT with the 5 speed and 3.08 gears in the rear (I had a new '89 Mustang GT at the time) and we were out messing around in a parking lot one night and that dumbass dumped the clutch in reverse. The reverse gear in these T5's at the time were 3.35 ratio, so pretty stout. Needless to say, the car started hopping up and down then a big BANG and trans fluid running out from underneath. We looked and there were gears sticking out the side of the trans housing. Needless to say he needed a tow truck and a new trans.

Flooring it in reverse was enough to smoke the tires. I don't know what he was thinking when dumping the clutch in reverse
I did that once. Backed out of the driveway when I was like 16. Turned it up and ready to dump it, noticed a car coming. Hurried up and pulled back in the driveway to let the car pass. Repeat reverse and in my hast, never pulled it from reverse to 2nd. Let er rip....needless to say, that was an experience I wasn't expecting. I still laugh at myself for that. Fortunately, nothing broke. Just an embarrassing experience

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be jelly of my RWD freedumb.

The sounds I imagine yours made still make me cringe.
I couldn’t hear it break over the sound of the headers when I was in reverse but as soon as I screamed at the idiot who threw the stuff at me and put in in forward the sound of the broken front axle flopping was bad and I had to keep driving because he had friends that were walking towards us. Nothing worse that screaming at a dude with the expectation that you were going to punch it and drive away quickly only to find out you just broke your escape route. :hmmm2:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then all your sensors are in for a treat cuz swapping sides is part of the proper tire rotation pattern, according to the manual. Or do you just do fronts and backs on the same sides?

So I found part of the problem. I’ll have to fully break the tire down now to find the other piece.

970825BC-4770-4DBC-BF17-085A66915A55.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it survived being tumbled, and if you can find the screw, use blue Loctite when reassembling.

I got the part and the screw out and out a put a new sensor in and the relearn went like clockwork so all good now.

Oops. Was it new?

It was last June. I could have bumped it remounting the tire. I'm not the Cinderella dancer I used to be. All good for now though. I bought a full set of sensors so I have some spares now if I need them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh