What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a moron, I was picturing percussive maintenance as a way to test for a leak. Like, does a leaky manifold sound differnt when you tap it with a hammer vs. a manifold tight to the block.

I'll just be over here looking for the ID-10T oil.
usually you can hear it on a cold start if it is leaking

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a moron, I was picturing percussive maintenance as a way to test for a leak. Like, does a leaky manifold sound differnt when you tap it with a hammer vs. a manifold tight to the block.

I'll just be over here looking for the ID-10T oil.
Yeah, I realized you took it that way so I wanted to clarify. Lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say this thread is a godsend to get reminders of when you did repairs on your car. I forgot when I changed my plugs but seen it was in June 2020 around 210k miles. Currently Jan 2023 with 247k miles. I see a slight idle issue and I know its not plugs.
clean the intake and throw some injector cleaner in it for a few tank fulls, usually that will smooth the idle out, plugs should not go bad that fast unless they were fakes. I drive the pisss out of mine and the only change the plugs about every 60 or so and never have any misfire issues. I do clean the intake about every 3 months and randomly throw injector cleaner in it probably about the same every 3 months or so.
if that doesn't work have a injector service done, that usually runs under a $100, usually around $80 but inflation has hit so no telling anymore.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Two Three great things today. First, I fixed my "Battery Voltage Low - Start Vehicle" by just tightening the loose positive battery connection. Second, my insurance company was able to recover the $500 deductible from the uninsured motorist who rear ended me a few months ago and sent me a check today. First, I woke up on the green side. Second, I fixed my "Battery Voltage Low - Start Vehicle" by just tightening the loose positive battery connection. Third, my insurance company was able to recover the $500 deductible from the uninsured motorist who rear ended me a few months ago and sent me a check today.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two great things today. First, I fixed my "Battery Voltage Low - Start Vehicle" by just tightening the loose positive battery connection. Second, my insurance company was able to recover the $500 deductible from the uninsured motorist who rear ended me a few months ago and sent me a check today.
a check in the mail is always nice, I had a guy clearly run a red light on dash cam and they still initially said I was partly to blame but changed it later and sent me a check as well. completely mind boggling, but whatever

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Managed to get it off somehow without breaking any plastic tabs which is unusual for me, appears the screen cover is plastic welded on and they just gave out, luckily the post's are large enough and already hollow inside so I just put some small screws and washers in it seems to be good enough saved $90 for a used seat back which would have been the next choice PXL_20230209_015449314.jpgPXL_20230209_015454090.jpgPXL_20230209_015943837.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2