What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are those 22's or 20's ? i have the same flaps on mine with the same size in 20" no rub, popping noise is often the front sway bar needing the bushings lubed, I have to lube mine about every 6 months or when the weather/seasons change

I have 33" tires and my Huskys would be rubbed by my tires, giving that popping sound as the tread block grabbed the corners.

Reaction score
are those 22's or 20's ? i have the same flaps on mine with the same size in 20" no rub, popping noise is often the front sway bar needing the bushings lubed, I have to lube mine about every 6 months or when the weather/seasons change
20's. The wheels have the same offset as stock (31mm) but are 9" wide vs stock 8.5". Tires are stock size, 275/55/20 Michelin Defender.

As my pic showed, that inside edge of the mudflap is curved into the wheel opening a bit and the corner of the tire tread does hit it at full lock. The other side doesn't. The mudflap is just out of shape and a bit curved inward too much on passenger side.

What sway bar bushing, the frame mount or end link?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20's. The wheels have the same offset as stock (31mm) but are 9" wide vs stock 8.5". Tires are stock size, 275/55/20 Michelin Defender.

As my pic showed, that inside edge of the mudflap is curved into the wheel opening a bit and the corner of the tire tread does hit it at full lock. The other side doesn't. The mudflap is just out of shape and a bit curved inward too much on passenger side.

What sway bar bushing, the frame mount or end link?
usually it's D bushing's where it mounts under the frame, the end links should be firm the bushings get flattened over time so sometimes there can be some clacking there also. It's not uncommon for the stock end links to loose a nut and then it's loose or the whole thing disappears. I put 2 nut's on the ends of mine and tightened them together so it cant work it's way loose.

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
Been working on getting my Yukon ready for a 2500 mile tow across the country ( 20 foot TNT cargo trailer )

I installed a new Tekonsha P3 brake controller

I put new Michelin tires on it from Costco. More truck rated than previous they have a more solid sidewall and will tow a load better.

Removed and replaced all the 15yo original radiator heater coolant hoses under the hood ( 1 small leak and you are dead in the water )
New rear brakes few months ago.

recently bought a receiver hitch set up ( needed a 7" drop to line up correct ) I opted for one that has the built in scale to be accurate with tongue weight specs.
Also nabbed a lock set up so it stays hooked to my rig when I am sleeping in a motel around 4-5 nights of travel

Any other ideas to prep ? Obvious change oil in a few months. besides that I think the GMC is ready to roll. Will have a load of trailer dead weight of I think 2200 lbs and I will be loading 5-6000 pounds of shit in it.

I wanted a B&W hitch receiver, just too much $$ and no model had a built in weight scale.

Best hitch to buy 8 inch drop scale.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been working on getting my Yukon ready for a 2500 mile tow across the country ( 20 foot TNT cargo trailer )

I installed a new Tekonsha P3 brake controller

I put new Michelin tires on it from Costco. More truck rated than previous they have a more solid sidewall and will tow a load better.

Removed and replaced all the 15yo original radiator heater coolant hoses under the hood ( 1 small leak and you are dead in the water )
New rear brakes few months ago.

recently bought a receiver hitch set up ( needed a 7" drop to line up correct ) I opted for one that has the built in scale to be accurate with tongue weight specs.
Also nabbed a lock set up so it stays hooked to my rig when I am sleeping in a motel around 4-5 nights of travel

Any other ideas to prep ? Obvious change oil in a few months. besides that I think the GMC is ready to roll. Will have a load of trailer dead weight of I think 2200 lbs and I will be loading 5-6000 pounds of shit in it.

I wanted a B&W hitch receiver, just too much $$ and no model had a built in weight scale.

View attachment 391031
With that much load, I strongly recommend a weight distributing, sway control hitch. I haul our TT with a Camco Recurve R3. Works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN