What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My low side Schrader valve is leaking (I can see it bubbling), so I am going to replace both the low and high valve cores. There's a tool ($40) so you don't have to evacuate the system, and a valve core kit is only $15. It includes 4 valve cores, one port (in case you need it), and the caps.

One of the most common questions for DIY on the internet is "Which port is the low side? I'm surprised that both caps are black, when it would be so easy to have one side Blue and the other black or red (like the replacement caps in the kit). My wife would say having them both black is something a guy did.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My low side Schrader valve is leaking I can see it bubbling), so I am going to replace both the low and high valve cores. There's a tool ($40) so you don't have to evacuate the system, and a valve core kit is only $15. It includes 4 valve cores, one port (in case you need it), and the caps.

One of the most common questions for DIY on the internet is "Which port is the low side? I'm surprised that both caps are black, when it would be so easy to have one side Blue and the other black or red (like the replacement caps in the kit). My wife would say having them both black is something a guy did.
I did not know about this kit. Please do tell!

OOOOOOhhh.... I found it!!! Thank you so much for that prompt to go look. Just ordered it and will give it a try! Same day delivery!!

For anyone else that needs it:

Last edited:

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know about this kit. Please do tell!

OOOOOOhhh.... I found it!!! Thank you so much for that prompt to go look. Just ordered it and will give it a try! Same day delivery!!

For anyone else that needs it:
Yup, that's the one I ordered:

MASTERCOOL (81490) R134A Valve Core Remover Installer​

Google a bit and you can find it elsewhere, and for a little less. There is another brand that operates on the same principle. I'll try to find the video to show how easy it is to use. This is the other, similar tool, and the process is the same:

One video was an AC repairman, and he said he replaces the Schrader valve cores every time he services an AC system. Funny, I'm old as dirt, have had a lot of leaking AC systems, and this is the first time I've heard about this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy