What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah its insane. they said they will do the one bank thats failed for 3300...still seems inflated as hell
Yeah. That's nuts. You can tackle the job in a weekend or so.

It's crazy that it was intermittent on the noise. I'd almost question their diagnosis. When my lifter would stick, it was a constant knock sound.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. That's nuts. You can tackle the job in a weekend or so.

It's crazy that it was intermittent on the noise. I'd almost question their diagnosis. When my lifter would stick, it was a constant knock sound.
Ive watched the videos...im pretty sure i have the skills to do them, especially if I leave the cam alone, but at the same time, if I do it, im going to get a DoD delete cam...atleast i think i should.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I would. I mean, I did. I also put a little truck cam in it

I'm happy with the cam out of a 6.2, good lift and it's cheap!

Duration at .050 in., 211/230,
Lift .562/.562, Chevy, LS9, Each

I have fancy heads, so I also added some 1.8 ratio full rollers to get a little more lift.

in a 6.0, it has excellent low end. :patriot:

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like the "get him to go away" price.

I had that happen with an alignment on my vette.

I caught the whole thing on my dao_Osh cam.

So i just got off the phone with another dealership, thats actually closer to my house and their price was 4K for same repair.

I'm happy with the cam out of a 6.2, good lift and it's cheap!

Duration at .050 in., 211/230,
Lift .562/.562, Chevy, LS9, Each

I have fancy heads, so I also added some 1.8 ratio full rollers to get a little more lift.

in a 6.0, it has excellent low end. :patriot:

I spoke with a shop here that does LS work, and the guy said they do 3-5 lifter/DoD a week, because its a rural town and everyone has GM trucks. They also build gnarly cameros and corvettes. He's at 3800 for it, 6.2 cam, LS7 lifters, timing chain + solid guide upgrade, everything else and dyno tuning all in. Soooo yeah...guess its 6.2 cam time

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Sounds like they do the removal of DOD from the tune as well. :patriot:

That's on thing i was about to mention.
If you know someone with an hp tuner dongle, I can help you remove the AFM crap.
It's not hard at all.

Just remember to kill the codes for the DOD sensors if you also delete the valley cover.
With someone else doing it that knows what they are doing, it's even easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu