What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Stockton? You’re like 16 feet above sea level.
right? still brrrr it rained pretty good yesterday so I think it's probably arctic air pushing the storm thru another storm hits tomorrow and Sunday, we are going up to immigrant gap on Sunday and cut a Christmas tree maybe we will get to see some falling snow presuming the road is open

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer. Post up a video here and we'll help you diagnose it.

I'll take one when i get home. We were starting to assume it was the starter coming out and knocking the flywheel but this is definitely sounding like its up around cylinder #1 and sounds like whacking a steel can with a stick.

Odd thing about it is, no power loose, gas mileage is normal, oil isnt glittery, no smoke, smooth idle, smooth transitions from 8 to 4 mode and back. The noise gets worse and more frequent when its cold out, but its never started it from a start.

So this morning, got in it for work like normal, it started making some clicking like it does but it got quieter. Realized i forgot something at home, turned around, parked in my driveway, which has a minimal slope. Grabbed my stuff, tossed it in and went to get t he trash can, but said I'll start it so i can just jump in and go, started it and damn!! tink tink tink tink ...wel thats not good, i moved it to level ground and it still was making it so i decided to park it up and borrow a vehicle. Luckily neighbor is a mechanic and has a heated garage w/ 2 post lift and it sounds like he's going to have some time to help tear into it this weekend. but still ******. Nice thing is that Texas Speed has the DoD deletes in stock and a good price, was 670 with the 6.2 cam...because ya know..i might as well get SOMETHING outta this while its apart.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
right? still brrrr it rained pretty good yesterday so I think it's probably arctic air pushing the storm thru another storm hits tomorrow and Sunday, we are going up to immigrant gap on Sunday and cut a Christmas tree maybe we will get to see some falling snow presuming the road is open
Good place for a tree. My uncle and grandpa both worked for a logging company, so we always had the opportunity to get a fresh tree from one of the company cutting areas in Calaveras county.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good place for a tree. My uncle and grandpa both worked for a logging company, so we always had the opportunity to get a fresh tree from one of the company cutting areas in Calaveras county.
i called the ranger station this morning to check on conditions and she said they got a ton snow the other day and more is coming sat/sun, she said bring snow shoe's lol
so we might have to wait until next weekend I think the highway may be closed this weekend going to have to play it by ear.
last year we were able to go in a different way and get a tree on the south side of the american river but there was a big fire so only the north side is open to cutting and it's a longer drive the only access is from highway 80 it's around @5200ft and it's 24 degree's today, we never get snow here so I don't mind going up to see some snow falling but if the highways closed then it's a dead end, sometimes you can get thru if it's only chains required and/or have a 4X4 the Silverado is all setup with a winch and I have kinds of recovery gear so..maybe it's up to caltrans