What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I changed out the badges from red to black ones I used a 3m eraser wheel to remove the residual glue/adhesive. Is this what you guys are talking about, the magic eraser?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I changed out the badges from red to black ones I used a 3m eraser wheel to remove the residual glue/adhesive. Is this what you guys are talking about, the magic eraser?
Magic eraser is what you use in the kitchen to clean stubborn stains. It's a little white block that's like a sponge

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned from a decal maker that 90% rubbing alcohol also does the trick. I used that when I debadged thethirdtwin a few weeks ago.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denali seems to be driving fine after the entire front suspension/steering replacement. It's back to feeling tight and not as loose or clunky over bumps.

When I re-assembled the upper control arm/alignment cam bolts I not only cleaned up the chassis mounting points but also sprayed the bolts with Fluid Film hoping to help keep them from rusting/binding to the bushing sleeves, especially the front most bolts.

I marked the alignment tabs and measured the tie rods before disassembly, and put everything back as close as I could. It seems to drive/steer OK, but I plan on having the alignment checked.

Where's a good, reasonably priced place to have that done? The local shop two blocks from me wants like $225 to do an alignment. Seems pretty high.
that is high typical prices around here are $70-90. I know one place that will do it for $40 cash. I think the dealer here charges no more than $119 but I could be wrong

Reaction score
Magic eraser is what you use in the kitchen to clean stubborn stains. It's a little white block that's like a sponge

Ahh, yeah I've seen/used those in the kitchen and bathroom.
that is high typical prices around here are $70-90. I know one place that will do it for $40 cash. I think the dealer here charges no more than $119 but I could be wrong
I checked with Firestone here and it's $102 with a 12 month warranty or $198 with a lifetime warranty (can have it checked/adjusted every 6 months for as long as you own it).

I wonder if the local shop near me that I usually use for other stuff that quoted me $225 if that's a lifetime deal also. I think I'll call tomorrow and ask, and also check with the dealership.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the oil block off broken bolt out with @89Suburban technique, thank you! :)

Tried drilling with angle drill attachment but it's almost impossible to get in there at right angle due to tight squeeze and the only bit that fits was from ez-out and it couldn't drill the bolt at all.
Couldn't squeeze anything else in there so decided to go with angle grinder with flex shaft.
Had to cut a little piece to the side of the bolt, away from oil tube holes, but finally got the bolt out.

Put in some Red silicone, new bolts and everything back together.
Added some extra oil that leaked out and everything seems smooth, no leaks so far.

Decided that while i'm down there, go back to the front diff fill plug bolt and noticed after cleaning rust off of it that it's completely rounded :)
Will have to figure out how to get it out, but that's for another series of "how messed up is messed up".
Probably get myself a welder, weld a big nut on that rounded bolt and get it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01