What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just talked to the shop. The emissions inspection passed and is ready (even with my BT Dieselworks AutoSync plugged into a OBD splitter cable.

They didn't do the alignment because of the bad ball joints and tie rod when doing the before alignment inspection. They quoted me $2100 for all of it including alignment (2 upper arms, 2 lower ball joints, 1 inner tie rod) and needing all day to do it.
I would look at the 1a auto/trq kit you might save a few bucks, I used one on the wife's 05 seems to be a quality kit. got everything uppers, lowers, inner & outer, tie rod ends. pitman, idler and sway end links for $400. I had picked up a remaned steering box as well and had it all installed and aligned $1100 or 1200 one of the two

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's involved in the inner tie rod replacement? I've done them on other vehicles, does the yukon have pretty much the same setup or is there something special?
Easy peasy. The inner tie rod comes off with a 40mm open end wrench and they also make an inner tie rod removal tool if you're feeling fancy.

Reaction score
I just got back from picking the vehicle up. Parts cost is around $750 and labor is about $1300. They said it's an 8-9 hour job and will probably need it for 2 days and they're scheduling for about a week and a half out (they're currently scheduling apps for next Friday). Said the alignment would take up a lot of time.

Reaction score
I would look at the 1a auto/trq kit you might save a few bucks, I used one on the wife's 05 seems to be a quality kit. got everything uppers, lowers, inner & outer, tie rod ends. pitman, idler and sway end links for $400. I had picked up a remaned steering box as well and had it all installed and aligned $1100 or 1200 one of the two
Those kits look pretty complete and a good price. If I go this route I'll probably get the 15pc kit that includes the hub/bearing. Since I'm doing everything else...... Lol

Is that brand good/reliable?

I quickly priced out 2 uppers, 2 ball joints, and an inner tie rod on RockAuto using GM parts and it came to roughly $265. The TRQ kit with everything but CV shafts is $339. With the axles it's $579

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm now only getting a misfire code 302 on #2 which of course didn't get the code until almost dark. The problem plug was number 7 snapped a shaft I tighten all up and no error on that side.

Same thing on mine #7 gets fouled up and throws that code, puts the truck in limp mode. I've had to replace that plug twice in the 50K I have owned the truck. 2nd time around we tried a step up in higher heat range to combat it. So far so good.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got back from picking the vehicle up. Parts cost is around $750 and labor is about $1300. They said it's an 8-9 hour job and will probably need it for 2 days and they're scheduling for about a week and a half out (they're currently scheduling apps for next Friday). Said the alignment would take up a lot of time.
how many miles? I am at about 145k and I have only had the upper control arms replaced and it dials in the alignment dam near perfect still. steering is tight.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those kits look pretty complete and a good price. If I go this route I'll probably get the 15pc kit that includes the hub/bearing. Since I'm doing everything else...... Lol

I quickly priced out 2 uppers, 2 ball joints, and an inner tie rod on RockAuto using GM parts and it came to roughly $265
I can't speak for there hubs but the steering/suspension parts seem to be decent, if you look on amazon they list a bunch of kits and ebay as well. I think I ended up getting it off amazon. the 05 went from dam near scary to drive to like new

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a bad savings for a weekend's worth of work. When I did my 2007, I took it to Firestone after I completed the work and paid for lifetime alignment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
how many miles? I am at about 145k and I have only had the upper control arms replaced and it dials in the alignment dam near perfect still. steering is tight.
137k miles. They said the lower joints had lots of play and they wouldn't pass it if doing a safety inspection and the uppers had some and would probably pass.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they're better than Moog's budget line. I had to use one of Moog's budget lower control arms for the left front because their premium line was sold out at the time. 30K later and the ball joint rubber boot is cracking and about to spring a leak. The premium one still looks like new.

This is one of those times when buying OEM or top-of-the-line parts is probably a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts