What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Got my transmission cooling circuit completed over the weekend.

With both coolers active, there is a slight pressure decrease vs just running the single full flow -8an
Not much of one, but slight.
and only under load. :jester:

Close off the -8an circuit, and the pressure at idle raises by a few psi.

Running full flow for now, not about to mess up the engine break-in.
:yaoface2:

It was about 50 degrees this weekend, and the transmission temp ever went past 140f with both coolers running.
Can't wait to see how it does when it's 90 out. :beer:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very likely a silly question but…

conversion of a 2wd to 4wd. Possible?
it seems the mechanical bits are likely bolt in. I’m curious if the transmission is the same or has a different tail housing to mate with a transfer case. When you get into the wiring harness is where if think it might get hairy?? Then programming. Lord only knows how much needs to be done. Or is that the total stumbling block?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it seems the mechanical bits are likely bolt in. I’m curious if the transmission is the same or has a different tail housing to mate with a transfer case. When you get into the wiring harness is where if think it might get hairy?? Then programming. Lord only knows how much needs to be done. Or is that the total stumbling block?
transmission is different as far as I know, other than that it needs a transfer case, front diff, axles, 4x4 hubs. I would say probably a 4wd drive wiring harness, just guessing.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AWD might be easier than 4x4 but a 2WD chassis is different than a 4WD chassis for starters.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How so on the chassis?
They have different part numbers and different cross members. LT Holman said that it is easier to convert a 4x4 to AWD then to make a RWD into either standard, he said the mounts and holes are not there to bolt up the front differential. He was referring to GMT800s when he said this.

Not sure how one would go about integrating the 4WD system into the ECM, BCM, Cluster, etc. Lots of programming. I wonder if it could be kept manual, putting in the levers on the floor and can the front differential be converted to manual locking hubs?

I seem to think someone has done it before...

This guy is who I was thinking of but he went with a solid front axle. With his experience, he still might know and be worth asking.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have different part numbers and different cross members. LT Holman said that it is easier to convert a 4x4 to AWD then to make a RWD into either standard, he said the mounts and holes are not there to bolt up the front differential. He was referring to GMT800s when he said this.

Not sure how one would go about integrating the 4WD system into the ECM, BCM, Cluster, etc. Lots of programming. I wonder if it could be kept manual, putting in the levers on the floor and can the front differential be converted to manual locking hubs?

I seem to think someone has done it before...

This guy is who I was thinking of but he went with a solid front axle. With his experience, he still might know and be worth asking.
I think the electrical integration is going to be a killer.

I’ve thought for quite a while it wasn’t worth the brain damage required to attempt this. I’m sure in the long run I’ll come out ahead finding an SSV or Z71 for my future adventures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01