What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I took it on a 1-hour drive to my aunt's house to visit them and my fam visiting from Texas. Due to traffic and weather, it took two hours. I was forced to stop for gas before getting there but I still passed up a convenient station because it was a Shell. Thinking back after writing that, maybe I'd rather run out of gas than get Shell. o_O

I found another station down a side road about a mile further. They had all non-ethanol gas. $50 got me 9.6 gallons of their 92 octane. :mad: Also, it appeared to be an independent station and I didn't see any fuel branding signs. With how the Universe does me, it was probably Shell gas.

View attachment 370315

Wow, super + pure gas!!
We only have the regular pure gas.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And i spent $99 on a 3/4 tank of premium today.

:okay2:

I decided to stop it there, figuring i'll probably end up changing that fuel pump out after some engine and transmission break-in time.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And i spent $99 on a 3/4 tank of premium today.

:okay2:

I decided to stop it there, figuring i'll probably end up changing that fuel pump out after some engine and transmission break-in time.
My regular station always has set the limit on my card at $75. ( yes we have attendants, we just sit in the vehicle) So every fill up is $75. I just pretend my gas gauge is off since now it only reads 3/4 after a fill-up. Last time he asked if he should re-set it after it hit $75 and I said no, that’s fine. Pretending the price didn’t go up seems to work for me.

Reaction score
When we used to have full service islands at stations around here many years back, the cost per gallon was higher than the self service islands at the same station.

Basically paying extra for that full service

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we used to have full service islands at stations around here many years back, the cost per gallon was higher than the self service islands at the same station.

Basically paying extra for that full service
That’s funny. The cost of your gas has very little to do with whether you have attendants or not. Paying someone minimum wage to pump thousands of dollars of gas an hour isn’t going to change what you pay as long as all the stations have to provide the service, making it an even playing field. They were charging extra for attendants because that was considered an “ extra service”. Our gas is considerably less expensive than our neighbors to the north, Washington, (30 cents a gallon) and at least a dollar cheaper per gallon than our southern neighbors, California. Neither have attendants. Our legislation mandates that they have to provide attendants. We did just pass a law coming into effect soon that will give us the option to pump our own. I pump mine in my Silverado and nobody stops me. I don’t want anyone touching that truck. Plus the gas cap is hidden. They would walk around the truck and never find it. I used to pump the gas in all my bikes too. But it’s the taxes that make the biggest difference.

Reaction score
That’s funny. The cost of your gas has very little to do with whether you have attendants or not. Paying someone minimum wage to pump thousands of dollars of gas an hour isn’t going to change what you pay as long as all the stations have to provide the service, making it an even playing field. They were charging extra for attendants because that was considered an “ extra service”. Our gas is considerably less expensive than our neighbors to the north, Washington, (30 cents a gallon) and at least a dollar cheaper per gallon than our southern neighbors, California. Neither have attendants. Our legislation mandates that they have to provide attendants. We did just pass a law coming into effect soon that will give us the option to pump our own. I pump mine in my Silverado and nobody stops me. I don’t want anyone touching that truck. Plus the gas cap is hidden. They would walk around the truck and never find it. I used to pump the gas in all my bikes too. But it’s the taxes that make the biggest difference.
This was years ago, back when minimum wage was like $3.50/hr. The full service pumps were something like 20 cents a gallon more than self serve pumps. Plus the attendant would usually be given a tip also. The last station I remember doing this around here were Shamrock and it closed probably 20 years ago.

I find it odd that it's mandated for an attendant to pump the gas. Is that a state law or county? I wonder if any other states have that also

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was years ago, back when minimum wage was like $3.50/hr. The full service pumps were something like 20 cents a gallon more than self serve pumps. Plus the attendant would usually be given a tip also. The last station I remember doing this around here were Shamrock and it closed probably 20 years ago.

I find it odd that it's mandated for an attendant to pump the gas. Is that a state law or county? I wonder if any other states have that also
yes it's the law in Oregon over the years it has flipped back and forth, you could pump your own then you couldn't then you could again and then you couldn't :nolol:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

In Jersey it's illegal to pump your own. I've done it plenty of times myself, but now a lot of stations need the attendant's gas card to activate the pump. Since gas has gotten so high they're trying to pass a law to allow you to pump your own, and to get rid of attendants. They're saying by doing this the gas will be cheaper by at least .15. They're full of crap. Like stated, gas's price is dictated by taxes and greed. They'll get rid of attendants and the price will still be the same if not higher.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with shell other than their ridiculous price?

I haven't ran it in my Tahoe in years. When I did, I noticed an immediate and consistent 2-4 MPG loss. I often run Shell in my work van (2020 Transit) because Shell stations seem to always be conveniently located when I'm really needing to fill up. The MPG loss is consistent in my work van compared to any of the other Top Tier fuels. I had the same experience in my previous van, a 2016 Transit. I've never studied it beyond this aspect. But, in my mind, a fuel has to be really bad (watered down?) to cause this. I've read of tuners advising against it and my tuner did as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17