What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
#8 isn’t too hard if you use the right tools to loosen it. Use a regular 5/8” magnetic plug socket but instead of an extension on it, put a regular depth 3/4” socket on your ratchet and use that on the hex end that is on every plug socket. It’s the perfect length. If you’re still having problems, pull the wheel and inner fender liner and go in from underneath.
I remembered reading this when I went for #8, it worked like a charm.

Reaction score
#8 isn’t too hard if you use the right tools to loosen it. Use a regular 5/8” magnetic plug socket but instead of an extension on it, put a regular depth 3/4” socket on your ratchet and use that on the hex end that is on every plug socket. It’s the perfect length. If you’re still having problems, pull the wheel and inner fender liner and go in from underneath.
They make magnetic plug sockets? ****, all I have are ones with the little rubber tubing insert that gets on my nerves and I end up pulling them out, lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey…it sure beats the two man bleeder method. Which usually ends up being a one man method since one guy up front is lost or not paying attention, smashing the pedal to the floor before, while and after you telling them “ok, slowly pump the brake” right up until just before a lot of cursing pursues (muffled or out loud).

Which vac tool are you using? The Motive or mightyvac whichever name they are using these days.
The Motive isn’t vacuum, it’s the opposite, a pressure bleeder. It doesn’t suck (literally) it blows. It’s a great tool.
They make magnetic plug sockets? ****, all I have are ones with the little rubber tubing insert that gets on my nerves and I end up pulling them out, lol
Yes, magnetic plug socket FTW. I hate those other ones.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gadzooks! That’s some muddy looking chocolate milk. Like James mentioned and you followed up with, the ABS bleed will be a saving grace for your system. Any crap left in there will get flushed out of there. Sometimes the Tech2 can be funny about the bleed and I’ve seen guys have to use a different vehicle year/model selection in order for it to work.
Are you thinking new braided brake lines for the whole system?
Is the tech 2 the only way to lead the abs?

Was just thinking to replace the factory rubber line on the front calipers.
But we shall see I suppose.
I haven't looked into it much, but I don't think anybody even makes stainless lines for these since they aren't track cars by any means.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Can you notice a difference in the stock arms vs. the RC vs. the fabtech?

Anything special about those fancy cam locks other than looking much prettier than my OEM ones?
Yea RC ride better then stock but still bottomed out over bumps since the bump stops are cut since the uniball upgrade going over train tracks or bad pot holes smoothed out considerably.
Not shock wise but suspension travel wise it don’t beat your teeth out anymore though still rides rough. My next upgrade when I put the lift on will be icon coil overs with rear resi shocks HD rear springs and spacer and airbag

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea RC ride better then stock but still bottomed out over bumps since the bump stops are cut since the uniball upgrade going over train tracks or bad pot holes smoothed out considerably.
Not shock wise but suspension travel wise it don’t beat your teeth out anymore though still rides rough. My next upgrade when I put the lift on will be icon coil overs with rear resi shocks HD rear springs and spacer and airbag
I ended up putting a 1 inch spacer in the rear of mine to level out with the front end. Even though the front coils are as low as they go, still 3 in higher than stock.
Also went with cargo Max springs in the rear and Firestone airbags.
The king shocks lifted the back end at least three quarters of an inch on top of all of that... At least when I first put them on. I suppose I should remeasure now that they're all broken in front and rear.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the tech 2 the only way to lead the abs?

Was just thinking to replace the factory rubber line on the front calipers.
But we shall see I suppose.
I haven't looked into it much, but I don't think anybody even makes stainless lines for these since they aren't track cars by any means.
If you mean braided stainless hoses to replace the factory rubber hoses then yes a couple mfrs make them, Goodridge for sure and someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts