What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this wideband gizmo that several of y’all are talking about?

It has a wider response range than the factory oxygen sensors and tuners use it to measure and correct the air-fuel ratio when they’ve made modifications to increase one or the other.

Be careful because if you speak it’s name you have to buy one.
Also of note is they’re generally used by those of us with a blower or turbo in order to monitor things like AFR more closely so we don’t melt a piston. So the wideband itself isn’t so expensive but the hardware that made it necessary usually is. :cool:

Reaction score
I’m still debating a CAI tube to get rid of the intake resonance chambers. I’m not sold.
Most O2 sensors are narrow band, they just basically tell the ecu if you're rich or lean (under or over 14.7).

A wideband O2 is more accurate and will tell you exactly what the air/fuel ratio is. When a car or engine is on a dyno they use one, and it allows the tuner to adjust the fuel and spark for best performance.

My mustang is supercharged and has a digital gauge on the steering column that uses a wideband O2 mounted in the exhaust system and tells me exactly what my a/F ratio is all the time. So when I'm at full throttle I can visually see if it's going lean and get out of it before anything bad happens. I like it around 12.1 to 12.3 and a wideband will be able that accurate. Sometimes it will be 11.8 or 11.9

An engine makes best power between 10.5 and 13 depending on the engine setup and whether it is naturally aspirated or boosted.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative. I plan to swap in a different engine/transmission combo when these die so I didn’t invest in a B&M at this time.
What combo are you planning to run next?
I hear the old 4.3l gets pretty good gas mileage, but sure can’t beat out the 2.8 that the early GM’s had. Haha! Come to think about it the 4.3l (LB4) was the engine my Typhoon had in it, but that wasn’t quite your average 4.3. I wonder if that would be comparable to putting a whip in 6.2? Wait, no…the LB4 was a turbo and the whipple is a supercharger, so that’s like comparing apples to bananas.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What combo are you planning to run next?
I hear the old 4.3l gets pretty good gas mileage, but sure can’t beat out the 2.8 that the early GM’s had. Haha! Come to think about it the 4.3l (LB4) was the engine my Typhoon had in it, but that wasn’t quite your average 4.3. I wonder if that would be comparable to putting a whip in 6.2? Wait, no…the LB4 was a turbo and the whipple is a supercharger, so that’s like comparing apples to bananas.
I had a 92 teal Ty. Badass truck!

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the one in my Silverado so I could put a sub box in there. Priorities.:)
There has to be a way that Rocket could easily fabricate some storage space within his sub box. I remember doing something similar many moons ago back when I was much younger - except it wasn’t for storing my .45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne