What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What age do you think kids should have their own car insurance policy and not be just an added driver to yours?

My step son has been driving the 2001 Yukon for about 2 years now and takes it to college with him. He turns 21 later this month and will be starting his senior year in the fall. Our insurance on that vehicle is about $80 more per month and he pays us the difference every month. He works full time during the summer and part time when in school. I told him his insurance will be a bit cheaper once he's 21 and will drop again at 25.
I had my own insurance policy from the time I turned 16. My s10 was like $300 every 3 months for liability with comprehensive. When I got my blazer, my dad just added it to their policy as it was a second vehicle for me. I think that was a little over $100 every 6 months for full coverage (in their name of course).

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took our '07 out to a farm and winery near Charlottesville for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Twice this week we've received compliments on how clean the truck is. When we tell them it's an '07 with 215K miles, they're shocked. But I do like to keep my vehicles clean, polished and waxed. These trucks can easily last 25 years+ with proper care.

1626096940302.png
1626097035303.png

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might have felt a slight misfire this morning when first started. Cleared up in less than a minute and ran perfect for my morning drive. Going to look at the counts and reset them to see whats happening.
I'd remove the TB and give it a good cleaning if you haven't already, at 82K its ready.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What age do you think kids should have their own car insurance policy and not be just an added driver to yours?

My step son has been driving the 2001 Yukon for about 2 years now and takes it to college with him. He turns 21 later this month and will be starting his senior year in the fall. Our insurance on that vehicle is about $80 more per month and he pays us the difference every month. He works full time during the summer and part time when in school. I told him his insurance will be a bit cheaper once he's 21 and will drop again at 25.
I guess it just depends. I had my daughter get her own policy after 2 years on mine.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living in the state with the highest insurance rates, Jenn and I will absolutely be mindful of this. Thanks for sharing, and sorry to hear that happened. But, props to you for being who and what she needed.
There no way your rates are higher than ours in Michigan. At least not as high as they were before the state finally changed their “no-fault” policy.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might have felt a slight misfire this morning when first started. Cleared up in less than a minute and ran perfect for my morning drive. Going to look at the counts and reset them to see whats happening.
if it is idling rough throw in some injector cleaner for a few tanks that usually clears it up, I put some in mine every few tank fulls, it's .99 cents a bottle at wallyworld, I just buy a 12 pack or so and use it in both trucks, that and keep the throttle body cleaned up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons