What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday:

Took Kin to an indoor car show- Slam'd & Cam'd. It was her first show and a dude at a sound shop booth let her experience bass for the first time. Being indoors and surrounded by lots of huge glass windows, they weren't allowed to really crank it, so no hair trick for Kin. But, we were really grateful for what he was able to do. We had a great time. Even better is she's really looking forward to the next one. :D

Pic taken from video:

IMG_E6728.JPG

When we parked, there was a boring older Expedition next to us. Leaving the show, I was glad to see this parked next to us (assurance that they didn't open their doors and knock the dirt off my nasty Hoe)

IMG_6717.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday:

Took Kin to an indoor car show- Slam'd & Cam'd. It was her first show and a dude at a sound shop booth let her experience bass for the first time. Being indoors and surrounded by lots of huge glass windows, they weren't allowed to really crank it, so no hair trick for Kin. But, we were really grateful for what he was able to do. We had a great time. Even better is she's really looking forward to the next one. :D

Pic taken from video:

View attachment 344582

When we parked, there was a boring older Expedition next to us. Leaving the show, I was glad to see this parked next to us (assurance that they didn't open their doors and knock the dirt off my nasty Hoe)

View attachment 344587
She looks super happy.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
!shoot dang!
Is there a particular size orifice I need to shrink it down to?
No, I was in such a hurry to get the job done so I can make it work next morning, totally forgot.
I ordered a water pump and radiator hoses, everything should be here Monday so I'll probably let it ride until then.
Thanks for the reminder, got too much going on lately, I can't keep track of crap! Lol

I'm not 100% sure on an exact size but I used an old aluminum stemmed TPMS sensor for my restrictor....

20210109_111104.jpg
20210109_111049.jpg

It was the right size to "thread" right into the port on the Cold Case. The pics should give you a general idea of the size.

That would explain why you are running under "normal" operating temperature.

If you crank the truck and start driving it immediately, without stopping, you will probably throw a CEL and get the message that the "engine is hot". This is something that GM programs into these rigs that if the temperature hasn't risen a certain amount within a certain period of time it thinks the coolant must be low or missing and just not getting to the temperature sensor so it sets off the warning to keep you from actually running low on coolant and over heating the engine.

I had to add the restrictor and then clear everything with my Tech 2.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better stop punching it if your aren’t logging it with vcm scanner. You could be hitting insane knock retard and could detonate.

Thanks for the reminder, and Oh yeah, i'm logging the fk out of it.

I'm not going to play with the 6.2 timing until i start to get fueling figured out.
And with with that wideband installed.

I have the 2500hd timing installed now, I took that up a longish drive yesterday up the canyon to my aunts place.
Wife sitting in the passenger seat, monitoring the knock graph.

max i got there was a 2 degree of retard in a few areas, and only at low rpm and heavy load.

I haven't figured out how to get the knock count graph to show correctly yet.
I would very much prefer to see that data vs the other.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on an exact size but I used an old aluminum stemmed TPMS sensor for my restrictor....

View attachment 344602
View attachment 344603

It was the right size to "thread" right into the port on the Cold Case. The pics should give you a general idea of the size.

That would explain why you are running under "normal" operating temperature.

If you crank the truck and start driving it immediately, without stopping, you will probably throw a CEL and get the message that the "engine is hot". This is something that GM programs into these rigs that if the temperature hasn't risen a certain amount within a certain period of time it thinks the coolant must be low or missing and just not getting to the temperature sensor so it sets off the warning to keep you from actually running low on coolant and over heating the engine.

I had to add the restrictor and then clear everything with my Tech 2.
Like I said, I'm actually running a 160° thermostat, so I expected it to run much cooler. It's still warms up fairly quick. Especially sitting and idling it got up to 200 no problem. right at 201, the fans kicked on and brought it back down to 190, kicked off, and then coolant dropped to 185 before climbing again.
And I didn't even think to check the port but I will still add a restrictor just to make sure I don't have issues.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday:

Pic taken from video:

View attachment 344582

View attachment 344587

As my wife would say, "adorbs".
Just remember, you might influence the type of guy she is into later... :hahano:

Then the "cleaning this old gun" as the daughters new boyfriend comes to pick her up, "sit on down boy and lets have a talk" :thumbsup:
Good reason to get that .50 bmg imo. :angels2:
Keep em respectful, dad is always watching etc. :happy160:

and i remember my first time experiencing real bass, inner ear temporarily fkd.
me = can't walk stand, or see straight.

Later, i got into it myself.
You get used to it, but the 'ol retinas never do. :jester:

I filled a K5 blazer with 4 12's in a gigantic box.
Old Gen 1 JBL GTI series, running off 1500 rms watts.

You could feel the bass from a good block away.
I still have those speakers in storage, but not the box. :cool:
Fantastic speakers, they outlived two amps in their lifetime.
The last one i got introduced to this "class D" amp.
blew my mind.

I learned how to do electrical type stuff from that little experience.
And i might still have a slight ringing in the 'ole ears. ;)

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, and Oh yeah, i'm logging the fk out of it.

I'm not going to play with the 6.2 timing until i start to get fueling figured out.
And with with that wideband installed.

I have the 2500hd timing installed now, I took that up a longish drive yesterday up the canyon to my aunts place.
Wife sitting in the passenger seat, monitoring the knock graph.

max i got there was a 2 degree of retard in a few areas, and only at low rpm and heavy load.

I haven't figured out how to get the knock count graph to show correctly yet.
I would very much prefer to see that data vs the other.
Ffs leave the effin timing alone u til you put in the wideband! You’re going to blow it up getting ahead of yourself!!!

Foe the love of god someone please talk some sense into him. Idc if it’s not my money spent it’s careless to throw different timing maps at an engine because they feel like trying it out without proper logging and tools!

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ffs leave the effin timing alone u til you put in the wideband! You’re going to blow it up getting ahead of yourself!!!

Foe the love of god someone please talk some sense into him. Idc if it’s not my money spent it’s careless to throw different timing maps at an engine because they feel like trying it out without proper logging and tools!

So what are you saying exactly...
go back to the trailblazer ss timing?

Oh and i do appreciate the help, and slapping me back to sanity.

cjgzerzdpiqmiet0op7r3lxvodzbd35dwasctl7x&rid=giphy.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt