What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dorman "updated" valve cover... leaking after 2 years?

Long story kept long, the ticking from my engine had been slowly getting louder over the years. I knew I had some broken manifold bolts, so I took it to a muffler shop to give me an estimate on the job.

While looking the truck over from underneath (and idling), sparkplug #5 was jumping around like it was about to fall out. The tech said "looks like you have a misfire, you should get that sorted out first." I went home and sure enough, plugs #5,7 were both very loose (easily removed with my fingers).

The plugs themselves looked fine but I did note a lot of oil in the area. Turns out my driver's side Dorman valve cover (with the updated baffle design) is leaking. I read around on Amazon and it turns out their gaskets are junk and routinely do this after some time (most posts note 2 years). Heads up for you other guys with this product. I re-torqued my plugs but I am sure the oil dripping on them helped them come out; time to buy the GM part like I should have the first time around!
I seriously doubt oil leaking on your plugs could be blamed for them coming loose. Must not have got them tight the first time. Sounds like you got lucky and didn’t get a couple stripped holes. Someone was looking out for you!:)

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the hot lead for the front dome light somewhere in this bundle? I’ve been thinking about trying to install a red/white ticket light, and would like to use the harness if I can tap it.

814A924C-FCF5-47D0-80E2-FAAA8CAB19A5.jpeg

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a 12v hot and ground there. Use a multimeter and you can stick it in the rear of the connector. Start by doing a continuity check with body ground to find the ground wire in the harness; probably a black or brown wire. Then lol for a +12V accessory or constant depending on what you want. I found a +12V accessory wire to power my 12v to 5v USB adapter that will automatically power on my dash camera. It’s a nice clean install.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got gas on my way to get groceries. E85 still $2.09 gallon [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know this is 07-14 section but does anyone know if a 2019 Yukon Denali is flex fuel? My avalanche has a yellow gas cap. Has a badge on the tailgate as well. My Denali has no gas cap and doesn't say anything that I've noticed. Guessing not

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a 12v hot and ground there. Use a multimeter and you can stick it in the rear of the connector. Start by doing a continuity check with body ground to find the ground wire in the harness; probably a black or brown wire. Then lol for a +12V accessory or constant depending on what you want. I found a +12V accessory wire to power my 12v to 5v USB adapter that will automatically power on my dash camera. It’s a nice clean install.
I was hoping it was there. Finding it should be easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts