What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the number on the rear mount?

There are different numbers for RWD and 4x4s and my 4x4 had two numbers come up across different sites. I bought this one and will see if I was right!

15840278 Some sites said 15840277.

Tom, it doesn't appear large enough to be a fluid filled mount.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife took the truck to Orlando the other night for my grandson's surgery. He's fine, just needed to fix his being "tongue tied". Well this morning at breakfast she tells me that the rear liftgate applique for the camera was falling off the back hatch and she pushed it back in place. What!? Daughter went outside and said that it looked like some jerk tried to pry it off with a screwdriver and we figured that the alarm scared him off from completing his nefarious deed. New ones are $480+. I bought parts of two to make a new one for way less than half of that off ebay a little while ago.

The rear camera is not clicked or bolted into place, it is melted into place! Can't be re-melted so we'll have to use nuts and bolts to secure it this time.

The applique has this chrome Putco piece over it, I left it on for greater visibility, you would be surprised at how many of these things are rear ended when you read Car Faxes all day. But the plastic chrome was starting to bubble anyway and plan to leave it off. That handle below is also covered in chrome and we'll leave that for now. Need to pick up some more RTV for a temporary fix until the parts come in.

Reaction score
Wife took the truck to Orlando the other night for my grandson's surgery. He's fine, just needed to fix his being "tongue tied". Well this morning at breakfast she tells me that the rear liftgate applique for the camera was falling off the back hatch and she pushed it back in place. What!? Daughter went outside and said that it looked like some jerk tried to pry it off with a screwdriver and we figured that the alarm scared him off from completing his nefarious deed. New ones are $480+. I bought parts of two to make a new one for way less than half of that off ebay a little while ago.

The rear camera is not clicked or bolted into place, it is melted into place! Can't be re-melted so we'll have to use nuts and bolts to secure it this time.

The applique has this chrome Putco piece over it, I left it on for greater visibility, you would be surprised at how many of these things are rear ended when you read Car Faxes all day. But the plastic chrome was starting to bubble anyway and plan to leave it off. That handle below is also covered in chrome and we'll leave that for now. Need to pick up some more RTV for a temporary fix until the parts come in.
Does your dash cam have a rear camera and did it catch anything?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hate thieves. Really hate them. Nope you can come up with a fix James.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a 256GB sd card in. This way, by the time I figure out that I need to look through the videos, I should have a pretty good cushion.

Mine is half that, have to make sure this camera can take one that big, my last one could not. I lost some great footage of cops busting a drug dealer once right in front of me because the cards were only 32 GB!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is half that, have to make sure this camera can take one that big, my last one could not. I lost some great footage of cops busting a drug dealer once right in front of me because the cards were only 32 GB!
Damn!! That’s a huge bummer! That’s the maximum size for my camera. Obviously need to check that first..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63