What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my retrofit lasted a half day and I decided to rebuild them again. I got some dust in one after the lens was already baked on so I was planning to open it up and clean it. But I’m kinda regretting not having the new projectors etched like the first ones so I ordered another set, with etching, and 4 matching 6000 bulbs. Another $180 of my stimmy money down the drain. I’ll get these things right one day. :head3:
Never saw that coming.. [emoji1787]

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for our trucks, both sides are the same pn as i posted.
And yes, solid mount.

as for how it feels, no idea!
mine are still in a box.
I look at it as "i don't want to do it again any time soon"

but my driver side was totally shot when i removed it.
I never noticed anything. :rolleyes:
Cool thanks for the info. Yeah looking at them, they look like they are gonna be a ***** to get too

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I love my hydraulic mounts in my Tahoe and don't care how many times they may need replaced... The smoothness they provide is something I'm not willing to sacrifice. These mounts make the engine barely noticeable while at an idle, but my GMT800 I can tell the difference in mounts. I know some members will disagree, but I'm giving my honest observations, since I own one each GMT800 and GMT900. I used to have a OBS 1995, 7.4 2500 Suburban and I remember feeling everything the engine was doing through those shit ass mounts back then

To each his own said the farmer when he kissed the cow... lol

I personally can't tell the difference but my hydraulic mount was busted on the driver's side so maybe I was used to more vibration, although it isn't something I notice.

In all fairness, I only replaced the drivers side mount with the H3 mount so my truck is half H3 solid mount and half hydraulic mount... so I guess my truck is a hybrid of sorts.... lol

Maybe it only transmits half the vibration that way.

I figured since the driverside is the one that sees most of the abuse that it would be fine.

I also don't plan on trying any @Rocket Man burn outs in reverse either so the passenger side mount should last a long time.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea. This is the first time ive had to deal with LS motor mounts. Is it the H3 alpha mounts since they came with the 5.3 or just the regular H3 ones? I guess i need to look into it.

Yes, the mounts you want are for the H3 Alpha which came with the 5.3l.

The passenger side mount for the H3 is the only one that will fit our trucks and it fits both sides of our trucks.

Yes, they are a traditional solid rubber mount as opposed to the oil filled ballons our rigs came with.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone will confirm, but I think the H3 passenger side mount is good for either side of these rigs.

Yep, same for both sides.

Hummer - 25847739

I gave Rock Auto my business tonight instead of Amazon. They were twenty cents less too! Won't be here in an hour but I won't need them until next week. All three OE mounts on the way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never saw that coming.. [emoji1787]
Yeah well sometimes it takes me 2-3 times (or more) to do something until I’m happy with the outcome. I try not to do it too much, it gets expensive. I’ll probably end up starting with another new set of Depos one day and building my own design that’s never been done. There’s some new projectors and other bits coming every day it seems. ***** $$$ though. I probably have $700-$800 into these for parts and materials by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287