What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am noticing something weird this winter. When I set my HVAC to floor heat there is heat blowing out of the side window defrost vents (not the center vent). Is this normal? I never noticed it before.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a 1.5” level kit spacer (actually like .875” thick) under my lower front strut mounts and a 3/8” spacer plate to lift the Autoride position sensor link up, so the Autoride position sensor doesn’t know we messed with anything.

I also got to debug a squeak I created with this mod. All is well now.

Sure hope that cures me of hooking that shaved down air dam on every friggin’ rock on every friggin’ forest road up here. Not to mention the random parking curb at every friggin’ store parking lot.

What I never understood is how they slid so smoothly over those curbs when pulling in and snagged so fully when backing out. :(

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I never understood is how they slid so smoothly over those curbs when pulling in and snagged so fully when backing out. :(

When you push on the deflector going forward, the bumper cover deflects back and up. When you go the other way, the cover comes down and locks like Chinese handcuffs. See a lot of them hanging by a few buttons or completely destroyed because of this. Had an ‘02 Impala that I had to back out our drive at an angle or I would tear the deflector off.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you push on the deflector going forward, the bumper cover deflects back and up. When you go the other way, the cover comes down and locks like Chinese handcuffs. See a lot of them hanging by a few buttons or completely destroyed because of this. Had an ‘02 Impala that I had to back out our drive at an angle or I would tear the deflector off.

I have done a job on a couple of them. One time the whole front clip came with it, kind of a combo snag on some kind of water control valve, hydrant thingie. I had to duct tape it in place to get home. :(

I finally got into the habit of backing the first few feet out of a parking space so slowly, passengers will look around trying to see who is walking behind the car.

The lip is really up there now. Doesn’t mean I won’t tear it off one of these days. ;)

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally removed the air dam from thecopcar. I was concerned about tearing it off on a forest road. After my last trip I was very glad of that. I still ended up with chin pinstripes.

View attachment 268745
Yesterday I decided it was time to trim the inner fenders that were now visible below the bumper. That’s when I found the leaking shock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop