What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got most of the parts for my future full AFM delete.
got the hp hv melling pump. Came with 3 springs.
new melling pickup tube
FelPro Upper gasket set (includes head gaskets and intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, etc)
Felpro pan gasket
Felpro font cover gasket set
new exhaust manifold bolts
New head bolts

still need a timing chain set, and camshaft retaining plate.
but waiting on camshaft selection....

Also planning on rebuilding or replacing the rocker arms, might buy with camshaft once i figure out wth to get.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got most of the parts for my future full AFM delete.
got the hp hv melling pump. Came with 3 springs.
new melling pickup tube
FelPro Upper gasket set (includes head gaskets and intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, etc)
Felpro pan gasket
Felpro font cover gasket set
new exhaust manifold bolts
New head bolts

still need a timing chain set, and camshaft retaining plate.
but waiting on camshaft selection....

Also planning on rebuilding or replacing the rocker arms, might buy with camshaft once i figure out wth to get.
For the rocker arms I’d go with the Smith Bros trunnion upgrade kit which is pretty easy to do yourself or if you want to spend some money and supposedly net 25 hp go with some Yella Terra full roller rockers. I highly recommend Vinci High Performance, their service is the greatest. http://www.vincihiperformance.com/LS1 VALVETRAIN PAGE REDONE.HTML

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Well, I went to the truck to test out a new ODDII adapter, lost the other one somwhere. Truck was dead, wife borrowed the truck a few days ago and left the dash cam on again. I forgot to hook up the battery tender as well. So we'll see if the tender can works its magic again or if it's time for a new battery after almost 52 months for the 30 month battery.

You need something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J3L2JN/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_3LXVFbYCMN184?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It has low voltage detection and shuts off the power if it drops below 11.9V.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J3L2JN/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_3LXVFbYCMN184?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It has low voltage detection and shuts off the power if it drops below 11.9V.

I like that one better than another I had my eye on. One thing the manufacturer stressed though, was not to use those things and just plug them into the cigar lighter for reasons unknown to me. It'll have to wait, I finally found the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start kit for my truck and bought it. Previously, I'd been buying up parts and hoping they'd work. Last attempt didn't work out so we shelved the plan till cooler weather anyway.

Reaction score
Well, I went to the truck to test out a new ODDII adapter, lost the other one somwhere. Truck was dead, wife borrowed the truck a few days ago and left the dash cam on again. I forgot to hook up the battery tender as well. So we'll see if the tender can works its magic again or if it's time for a new battery after almost 52 months for the 30 month battery.
The hardwire kit I use for my dashcam has a selectable voltage cut off. It ranges from like 11.8v-12.4v. I think I have mine set to 12.0v.

It helps prevent a dead battery if left in parking mode for extended periods

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one i have in my vette, i usually turn off manually when i park but i like to leave it plugged in.
Works great that way for the most part, and prevents the internal battery from going dead and loosing the date and time.

My idea with the dash cam, if the car leaves view of my house security cameras, then i want it's cameras rolling!
Too many weird things happen to that car.

I even had someone steal my cheapie OEM (C5 era) aluminum valve stem caps once.
But Just on one side. :confused:
I saw who did it, he looked homeless.

Hard part is when i park the car for a month or two, even with the camera off it drains the battery slowly. :rolleyes:

Make sure you get front and rear cameras, most seem expect the front camera but not the rear. ;)

Something i learned, i got rage rear ended one day on the freeway one day...
Me: "you hit me, are you going to pull over???!"
Him: "you hit me"
Me: "dash cam front and back buddy"
Him: *shaky voice* "Ok"
Him: "so you want me to pull over then"
Me: "yes!"

Turns out the driver was out on bail.
Second time something like that happened.

Time before the guy tried to bully me after being rear ended,
His friend kept saying he was an ultimate fighter while all getting closer and closer to me
Me: "I am Armed"
Him: still acting tough but backing away... :Big Laugh:
Me: "Cops called"

Cop was acting weird about it...
So when i got home i googled the drivers name.
Turned out to be Utah's dumbest criminal in 2011
Tried to rob a dollar store with an airsoft gun that he stole from the Walmart across the street.
Stole the magic marker he used to paint over the orange tip also...

Lost money in the transaction, girl called his bluff and took his $1 and the candy bar he used to get the till open.

Dashcams!
Make sure it records audio, important to cover your ass.

:cheers:

I'm also VERY glad that i no longer commute. :D

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just added a water pump to the to-do list.
Heard a new sound today while warming up the hoe.
seems to be coming from the water pump area.

While I'm in there i guess... :rolleyes:
I was sorta expecting to do it, but i was hoping to find a recent water pump replacement.

So question: i have the HD cooling, is there a special high flow pump or only one type?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was sorta expecting to do it, but i was hoping to find a recent water pump replacement.

So question: i have the HD cooling, is there a special high flow pump or only one type?
no same pump, the only thing that makes it heavy duty is higher wattage fans and a 1/8" thicker radiator.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure it's just one pump. I like to leave the cameras rolling while parked in case someone hits the truck. Audio is always on! The new one has night vision and WIFI too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt