What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that one of those "R2" type coolers (round cylinder looks like R2-D2 from Star Wars)?

Many years ago, I worked for a company that made those type coolers for promotional store displays.

Usually, stores don't "buy" them, but are given to by their distributors to help advertise/promote their product.

Good that both you and the store owner made money off it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yup, she knew I was aware of the business model. She we both won......now she's trying to sell me more lol. I told her I only want Redbull and Monster coolers as they sell fast.

Reaction score
I have on of those converta-ball things on one of my hitches..... I only use it around town.... screw thing always feels loose... maybe mine is plain wore out

The actual "Ball" kit I've had for like 15 years and have used it on the other draw bar I have for the 2001 (it's only like a 2" drop). I just removed it from that bar and installed it on the 8" drop bar. I don't think I'll be towing with the 2001 much anymore.

That Convert-a-ball 8" draw bar I picked up from Cabela's last year mostly because it has a 10k/2k rating and it was on sale for like $65. The rubber cushioning is a benefit...lol

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, the factory filter acts as the fluid pickup also so it has to stay. I did change that out a couple weeks ago along with all the fluid, so I probably won't have to drop the pan again for quite some time, maybe not ever again. There still is a magnet in the pan that will collect metal contaminants. I've seen some people with the remote filters use a filter magnet that wraps around the filter to help collect metal contaminants in the filter.
if you need to use a magnet you have more problems then a magnet can solve

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the Detroit axle bearings on this evening. What an easy job. I was expecting with a 13 year old truck that it would be a pain in the ass. Everything came off and reassembled very smoothly. Only had to torch up one bolt on the caliper bracket and only smashed a finger once.

I know everyone likes to piss and moan about the cheap Detroit axle stuff, but here's hoping that it serves the average Joe just fine.

Also changed the front diff fluid. It was another metal slurry. So, that's not great really.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The actual "Ball" kit I've had for like 15 years and have used it on the other draw bar I have for the 2001 (it's only like a 2" drop). I just removed it from that bar and installed it on the 8" drop bar. I don't think I'll be towing with the 2001 much anymore.

That Convert-a-ball 8" draw bar I picked up from Cabela's last year mostly because it has a 10k/2k rating and it was on sale for like $65. The rubber cushioning is a benefit...lol
Yes the ball thing I have is about 20 years from Walmart I think and I bought it for my 99 tahoe with a 2” drop hitch by Reese, that drop worked for the 01 and I bought a solid ball, the 13 more drop and finally the the 19 even more..... I have about 4 hitches and ball configurations, and about 3-4 pintle setups... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier