What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Deleted "GMC, "flexfuel", and the stupid dealer sticker
Added AWD.

AND
I also moved them below the body line much like the acadia and newest yukon. I always thought the placement was to high on the gmt900

Badges.... No GMC and AWD in it's place

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

There's an Acadia driving around missing its AWD emblem but now has 2 GMC and 2 FlexFuel emblems on its tailgate!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
As some of you may know I had Morimoto HID low beam bulbs in the Burb and was quite content.

Then @08HoeCD Got busted by "the man" (Virginia DOT inspector) and had to remove all of his aftermarket LED bulbs and replace them with stick lighting in order to pass inspection.

So since he was selling his Supernova V3 for the low beams, and I had been looking to try a pair, I scooped them up.

Fast forward to the other day and the drivers side low beam decided it was tired and didn't want to work any more so it quit.

I looked on headlight revolutions website and saw that they came with a 2 year warranty and I knew that DJ had purchased them in Sept. of 2017. So I called HR and told them what happened and they said no problem they would replace it.

I then told them that the Supernova V4 might not fit because they have a cooling fan instead of the flexible heat sink like the V3s did. So I asked if I could get the replacement in a 9005 (high beam) instead of the H11 (low beam) again... no problem.

Long story short he told me they probably wouldn't arrive until around new years because they were out of stock. I said no problem and went ahead and swapped my Morimotos back into the low beams because we are going out of town for Christmas.

Today I got a package. It was the new Supernova V4 9005s. So I went ahead and checked to see if they fit without modifying the core support and they do... so win win.

https://headlightrevolution.com/supernova-v-3-led-headlights-9005-9145-bulbs/

rps20181218_155207_658.jpg
rps20181218_155229_097.jpg

Here is a pic to show the clearance of the back of the fan to the core support with the headlight installed.
rps20181218_155304.jpg

And a pic of the old V3 to show the heat sink.
rps20181218_155545_913.jpg

I guess I will have to wait until dark to see how I like them. I am happy to.get rid of the old dingy yellow looking high beams though.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I had Morimoto HID low beam bulbs in the Burb and was quite content.

Then @08HoeCD Got busted by "the man" (Virginia DOT inspector) and had to remove all of his aftermarket LED bulbs and replace them with stick lighting in order to pass inspection.

So since he was selling his Supernova V3 for the low beams, and I had been looking to try a pair, I scooped them up.

Fast forward to the other day and the drivers side low beam decided it was tired and didn't want to work any more so it quit.

I looked on headlight revolutions website and saw that they came with a 2 year warranty and I knew that DJ had purchased them in Sept. of 2017. So I called HR and told them what happened and they said no problem they would replace it.

I then told them that the Supernova V4 might not fit because they have a cooling fan instead of the flexible heat sink like the V3s did. So I asked if I could get the replacement in a 9005 (high beam) instead of the H11 (low beam) again... no problem.

Long story short he told me they probably wouldn't arrive until around new years because they were out of stock. I said no problem and went ahead and swapped my Morimotos back into the low beams because we are going out of town for Christmas.

Today I got a package. It was the new Supernova V4 9005s. So I went ahead and checked to see if they fit without modifying the core support and they do... so win win.

View attachment 212547
View attachment 212548

Here is a pic to show the clearance of the back of the fan to the core support with the headlight installed.
View attachment 212549

View attachment 212550

I guess I will have to wait until dark to see how I like them. I am happy to.get rid of the old dingy yellow looking high beams though.
Looking to upgrade curious peeps wanna know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 212547
View attachment 212548

View attachment 212549

View attachment 212550

that's funny you could roll into a California smog station on roller skates and as long as you have cat's and no CEL, your good to go

kbuskill

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade curious peeps wanna know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night time pics as requested...
Low beam only
rps20181218_190958_761.jpg

Low/high/projector fogs/light bar
rps20181218_191030.jpg

Low only
rps20181218_191056_325.jpg

Low/high/projector fogs/light bar
rps20181218_191336_260.jpg

At this point I am not certain if I need to reclock the orientation of the high beam bulbs.

Not because they aren't bright and functional but just because I am wondering if they can be improved.

I installed them with the LEDs facing up and down because the high beam reflector has a flat spot on the side towards the grill.

Perhaps I should reclock them to face left and right? Any thoughts or recommendations???

kbuskill

Reaction score
Forgot I also replaced the lift struts on the rear window today.

They worked fine in the summer but in colder weather you could tell they were getting weak.

May do the ones on the power lift gate at some point just for good measure.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? Or are the hummerone the best to go with?

https://atomicfabandperformance.com/product/07-14-gmt900-poly-motor-mounts/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A couple guys have them on here. One guy installed them and his wife complained about the vibration at idle... (I figured that would have been a plus for a women:shrug:) so he removed them and installed the Hummer mounts.

Unless you are running big power adders they are probably over kill.

I installed the H3 on the drivers side and can't really notice any additional vibration over the stock hydraulic mount. My passenger side is still a hydraulic mount though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24