What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done much lately tbh except for cleaning up some stereo stuff. Upgraded removable sub and amp, added 2nd amp for rear speakers and replaced/upgraded all the built-in speakers. She still has stuff I need to get done, but the stereo is no longer on the list.
Gathered all the parts for the motor refresh and cam and valve train upgrade. Now I got to save some money to pay the shop. I just don't have the space or time to do it myself as much as I'd really love too.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it in the muffler today!! New Delphi knock sensors installed back in March and CEL comes on/off intermittently with a low voltage sensor 2. Going back with Delco sensors this time BUT this happened. Going to Lowes tomorrow for a bolt extractor set. Any recommendations?? I almost feel like just taking it to the tuner and having them delete the knock sensors. This really upsets me.

Attachments

• 20210918_124859.jpg
    20210918_124859.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210918_125210.jpg
    20210918_125210.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 6

jcarriere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed a GM NOS painted barn door handle today took about 15 minutes and definitely changes the look of the back. I paid $22 for it with free shipping still in the original GM box. Now I just need to buy some smooth handles for the other 4 doors and have them painted.

Attachments

• 20210918_171657.jpg
    20210918_171657.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 6

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a GM NOS painted barn door handle today took about 15 minutes and definitely changes the look of the back. I paid $22 for it with free shipping still in the original GM box. Now I just need to buy some smooth handles for the other 4 doors and have them painted.
I wonder often if I'd rather have doors than lift gate. Like good.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder often if I'd rather have doors than lift gate. Like good.
I like my lift gate. It works great when hauling long stuff on my SWB. It it’s something like a few 2 x 4’s or similar, I can open the glass only and let it stick out or if it’s sheets of plywood or Sheetrock I can open the hatch itself and let it lay flat in the floor. Either way I just use a single bungee I keep in the truck to hold the hatch down.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it in the muffler today!! New Delphi knock sensors installed back in March and CEL comes on/off intermittently with a low voltage sensor 2. Going back with Delco sensors this time BUT this happened. Going to Lowes tomorrow for a bolt extractor set. Any recommendations?? I almost feel like just taking it to the tuner and having them delete the knock sensors. This really upsets me.

You need knock sensors! I think that was just a crappy fluke and new OEM sensors and harness will be fine. But, if you really don't wanna deal with those knock sensors any more, you can get the Gen4 sensors and have your tuner adjust for them. Make sure they honestly know how to do so before committing. Or, get new Gen3 sensors and mount them in the Gen4 locations on the sides of the block. This will require extending of the original knock sensor harness wires and adjusting of the sensitivity in the tune (due to the relocation). You will also need to drill and tap the bosses on the side of the block. You don't go all the way through, so you'd need a blind tap.

*EDIT*

Found a great video:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts