What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just realized how bad my truck looks with the turn signals looking like crap. Water has been getting in, and it ate away at the chrome finish in the inside of the light, so the light now looks all d and black and nasty looking, yet the passenger side light still looks new.
Does anyone know where I can get some GOOD quality all clear bumper lights/turn signal lights for a NBS? I don't like the ones with orange reflectors, not even the small tiny reflectors. I prefer completely chrome and clear or if possible a clear/white reflector. Haven't seen any with clear/white reflectors for sale in well over 10 years now. I have gone through a few sets of cheap Egay clear turn signals and they ALL end up leaking. Some leak after 6-8 months, some have lasted 2-3 years before leaking, but they ALL end up leaking.
I am not sure if they offer any options without orange reflectors, but I got TYC brand from RockAuto. They were stock replacements. I can tell you they were same build quality, fit and finish as the originals. All the adjustment hardware (i got headlight and turn signal assemblies) and everything was identical to the factory ones I was replacing. They look great and no leaks of fogging. I did not add any sealer anywhere on them and they are holding up great.

If they do offer one that matches the style you are looking for, I would say get them.

But for strictly stock replacements, I have been more than happy with TYC.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also - with the temp settings where they are and the disable speed at 0, they might be running all the time when warmed up. (You might want that specifically)
Thanks for the info guys, looks like I am going to want these settings changed.
My tuner was all about running my truck cold and more power.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this would help with that issue but they are pricey.
cables can be cut in 10 seconds. lets just say, if they really want it they are going to take it.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a screenshot of their e-fan settings so I can compare mine. I am thinking adjusting ac pressures, and disable speed of 65mph. Not sure if I should change delays/min run time.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a screenshot of their e-fan settings so I can compare mine. I am thinking adjusting ac pressures, and disable speed of 65mph. Not sure if I should change delays/min run time.
05 tahoe fan settings. all stock, dont think i messed with em. i turn on my ac and the fans just come on.

Attachments

• 05 tahoe fan setting..jpg
    05 tahoe fan setting..jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 10

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting on a Cardone MC reservoir for 6 months, they’re backordered. I just want to replace my old stained one. So I found a cheap MC complete with the reservoir and plan on swapping the reservoir onto my MC without removing it and hopefully not need a flush. I have heard of someone else doing this with no bleed necessary. I’m thinking as long as there is a bit of fluid in the bottom of the MC I’ll be gtg. Anybody done this?

Attachments

• 42E97B90-7BE3-4935-828C-D0C6AF729546.jpeg
    42E97B90-7BE3-4935-828C-D0C6AF729546.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 5
  • F3DE6259-66E2-47E1-BE96-70D94DCEFDC8.jpeg
    F3DE6259-66E2-47E1-BE96-70D94DCEFDC8.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2D68AD26-7DDA-4801-8762-DF8C6C169A9E.jpeg
    2D68AD26-7DDA-4801-8762-DF8C6C169A9E.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2DBF91FD-7FD7-4EE0-B0F4-977876CBFE46.jpeg
    2DBF91FD-7FD7-4EE0-B0F4-977876CBFE46.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 5

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 tahoe fan settings. all stock, dont think i messed with em. i turn on my ac and the fans just come on.
AC pressures look stock but the ECT parameters are lower than factory. I am slightly higher than you but not as high as factory.

@ncalvo i think the general feeling these days is LS motors don’t need to run super cool. When they first landed in the f-bodies back in 1998, we did everything we could to prevent heat from being a possible problem. TB bypasses, resistors in the IAT sensor, fans on all the time, 160* thermostats. None of it made a difference and heat soak wasn’t an issue with composite intakes and aluminum heads/block. Granted if you hotlapped it at the track you might see a small ET penalty. And our 5.3 blocks are iron, but too cool can be detrimental.

Opinions, I know.

Last edited:

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting on a Cardone MC reservoir for 6 months, they’re backordered. I just want to replace my old stained one. So I found a cheap MC complete with the reservoir and plan on swapping the reservoir onto my MC without removing it and hopefully not need a flush. I have heard of someone else doing this with no bleed necessary. I’m thinking as long as there is a bit of fluid in the bottom of the MC I’ll be gtg. Anybody done this?
Ha Ha. So you did decided to change the brake reservoir after changing the coolant reservoir. I was going to do that but thought it would be to much work. Let us know your step by step process. I might follow your lead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne