What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing the new clock spring, ended up having and extra wire, the old one did not have it. Everything seems to be working so I dunno.
View attachment 381338
usually if you got two wires one would get plugged into the wire for the steering wheel radio controls. if you dont have that then theres your extra wire. if they are not working. well thats where it would go maybe.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on an everlasting brake/front wheel bearing/CV shaft/front axle leak job. I still need to change fix the headliner, flush the cooling system and change the oil pressure sensor. But I got the rear wheels put back on so it at least looks like I'm getting somewhere.

Attachments

• 20220924_151846.jpg
    20220924_151846.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 9

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the intake manifold and swapped in the OEM camshaft position sensor I've had sitting on my desk for months. I was having random no-starts on the first time with no pattern and knew the chinesium CPS the shop that did my rear main put in was likely the culprit. So far, she fires first time every time. We shall see! (New intake manifold gaskets were installed at same time.

1.5 hours from start to fire. Wonder what shop time is? I was going super slow - even had to come inside to print the torque pattern.
Bought my genuine gm one off of Amazon, also chinesium. I either got scammed or they are made in China, lol.
I'm less worried now that I pulled my intake yesterday, it really wasn't bad. I'm sure most shops want a weeks wages to do it...

Attachments

• 20220918_140639.jpg
    20220918_140639.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 10

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my genuine gm one off of Amazon, also chinesium. I either got scammed or they are made in China, lol.
I'm less worried now that I pulled my intake yesterday, it really wasn't bad. I'm sure most shops want a weeks wages to do it...
GM sources parts from all over the world, China included. Anymore it’s not so much where it’s made, it’s what quality control oversight it’s made with and whether the design is a copy or if it’s an original. China’s plants have as good a capability as any other country’s plants.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on an everlasting brake/front wheel bearing/CV shaft/front axle leak job. I still need to change fix the headliner, flush the cooling system and change the oil pressure sensor. But I got the rear wheels put back on so it at least looks like I'm getting somewhere.
Nice rod! Model A or actual deuce?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I posted a pic of the one I just put in over in the NNBS thread where you asked about yours. This GM one says china on it as well. The shop put in “csc1064” which looks to be carquest? And now that I just looked at the invoice I’m mad that I paid a huge markup on that part. I had a bad feeling when I picked it up as I’ve read numerous threads here about these rigs not liking anything but OEM.

Live and learn, I guess. At least I got a new fuel pump and FPR in it after I fired the parts cannon. Hahahahaha.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MassHoe04 its one my dad's toys. I'm not entirely sure on the model other than being called a highboy. Dad has gotten into car shows over the last few years and takes that one fairly often. The camaros are on the other side of the shop. Then he has others at my sisters place.

Attachments

• 20220925_105807.jpg
    20220925_105807.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220925_120050.jpg
    20220925_120050.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP2024