What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it does. It looks like it's coming from above the rear diff--from the crossmember above the diff. I couldn't see very well, but I think it's tee's off of something up there. You can really see what I'm talking about in the last pic.
Did that rig have the load leveling or air suspension RPO codes on the glovebox sticker?
But, then again, the hose doesn't look like anything that would handle any kind of pressure.

Must be a vent or drain. That appears to be a factory clip attached to the chassis.
How far can you trace it back?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nekked no more!
My Z71 has a proper roof rack now!!!

I was in a pinch when I bought my Tahoe. It ran so good and the interior was super clean, I had to jump on it. After I bought it, I realized it was missing the special Z71 roof rack with the canoe/kayak roller bar on the back. I was bummed about that, but determined that I would get one back on there someday. They are not cheap, so this was a long-term wish.

One of our good TYF members @06 Taco saw my post about wanting one and told me he had one available. He installed an Escalade rack on his Tahoe, so he could clear the garage door on his house. We worked out a deal, drove them from FL to CT for me (shipping was going to be cost prohibitive and a deal breaker for my budget) and he even helped install the Z71 rack on my Tahoe. What a guy!!! Thanks Jay! This is what the forum is all about!

I like that a PO de-badged (leaving only the Z71 plates). If you squint just right, you can't see the rotten rocker panels and looks half-way decent... Much better with a legitimate Z71 rack on her now!

20220620_170507.jpg
20220620_122139.jpg
20220620_122118.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Did that rig have the load leveling or air suspension RPO codes on the glovebox sticker?
But, then again, the hose doesn't look like anything that would handle any kind of pressure.

Must be a vent or drain. That appears to be a factory clip attached to the chassis.
How far can you trace it back?
I don't think it did. It was already pulled. I THINK he said it came from a Z71, but I'm not sure. I traced it as far as the crossmember above the spare. It looks like it goes into a "T", but since it's lowered I didn't have much room under it to move around--since I didn't jack it super high.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it did. It was already pulled. I THINK he said it came from a Z71, but I'm not sure. I traced it as far as the crossmember above the spare. It looks like it goes into a "T", but since it's lowered I didn't have much room under it to move around--since I didn't jack it super high.

Any chance it is an EVAP vent tube that might have connected at the fuel pump or filler tube? Does it reach over to that area? Anything by the fuel tank look like it is missing a connection?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Any chance it is an EVAP vent tube that might have connected at the fuel pump or filler tube? Does it reach over to that area? Anything by the fuel tank look like it is missing a connection?
The guy who did it is gonna do the ball joint on my van this Friday--I'm gonna ask him. Hopefully he'll remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission