What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you still recommend these? Looking at new plug wires and your suggestion is the only one that pops up when I search.
I do. Just make sure you have the round type of coils in the description so they’re the right length. They’re especially good if you have headers.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you’re willing to spend, the ease of installation desired, and if you’re 4WD/AWD or 2WD. I went with ARH on mine because it’s AWD, their stuff mounted easily and bolted up to the stock exhaust and it’s high quality. I went with their bullet high flow cats. There’s no actual y- pipe on mine, it runs duals all the way to the muffler which is a 2 inlet single outlet. They were about $1800 iirc.

Well it looks like I've got something to save my pennies for. I am willing to spend the extra money on my vehicle since I intend on keeping it for a very long time. I'm not looking to modify the Tahoe to the point that it can't be used for my daily driver/tow vehicle (I'm a fisherman). Plus working for a repair shop I have priced OE parts (manifolds, converters, etc.) and its close to the same price. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep updates as I get them.

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The crankshaft seal was starting to show its age and developed a wet spot. Got it knocked out this weekend. I also installed a new harmonic balancer and new belts since I was already there.
Don't forget to perofrm a crankshaft variation re-learn in PCM. It is required every time you remove the balancer (unless you marked it and installedd in the same position).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to perofrm a crankshaft variation re-learn in PCM. It is required every time you remove the balancer (unless you marked it and installedd in the same position).
I know the SM states to do that but I didn’t, I forgot about it. Do you know what issues this could cause? Either way, I guess I’ll do it but it’s been a couple years and I haven’t noticed any issues.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it had to be done when the crankshaft sensor was replaced. First time I hear it needs to done when the harmonic balancer is replaced. I do have the Tech 2 to get it done

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it had to be done when the crankshaft sensor was replaced. First time I hear it needs to done when the harmonic balancer is replaced. I do have the Tech 2 to get it done
I used to think so too, then one time I heard it needs to be done when the balancer is R&R’d and I promptly forgot about doing it. It had already been a year or more since I did the original work. It does state to do it in the manual, which I use alldatadiy for. I have also heard the PCM will do it automatically after a certain amount of mileage but haven’t been able to confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505