What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Truck sat while I was out of town for a week or so, then I was trying outa couple of scan tools and the battery died. Stupid you can’t lock the rear hatch at all when the battery is inside your garage charging! Or maybe I’m stupid and you can?

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered, $6.90 with tax and free shipping.
Decided to order a new brake switch since the price dropped to $6.47 for the OEM one on Amazon (was $17.77 yesterday). My fixed one is still working , but hey that’s cheap what the heck. (Not for power pedals)

GM Genuine Parts D891A Brake Light Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013FVXX...abc_G2ST2MP0G7RW6ENWB46W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Just a head's up to anyone tracking this - there are two parts out there for the brake light switch:

D1583G - WITH ADJUSTABLE PEDALS (JF4)
D819A - WITHOUT ADJUSTABLE PEDALS (JF4)

Also of interest - I ordered the OEM one, and it was made in Mexico. I also purchased an aftermarket one at O'Reilly's Part # SLS401 (the OEM one wasn't going to be delivered in time) and it was made in Taiwan.

So it begs the question - is a part like this better quality if it comes out of Mexico, or Taiwan?

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just a head's up to anyone tracking this - there are two parts out there for the brake light switch:

WITH ADJUSTABLE PEDALS (JF4) -D1583G
WITHOUT ADJUSTABLE PEDALS (JF4) - D819A

Also of interest - I ordered the OEM one, and it was made in Mexico. I also purchased an aftermarket one at O'Reilly's Part # SLS401 (the OEM one wasn't going to be delivered in time) and it was made in Taiwan.

So it begs the question - is a part like this better quality if it comes out of Mexico, or Taiwan?
If I had a choice, I'd pick the one from Mexico.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after doing my oil cooler blockoff, I do still have a small leak. I will need to do the oil pan.. I could have sworn there was a Lubelocker for the oil pan, but looking at their site, I’m only seeing trans and rear diffs. So any suggestions for best quality oil pan gasket are appreciated. Probably just whatever OEM is I suppose, but throwing it out there in case of other options..
I did mine thinking it would solve the leak to, then I paid to have my oil pan done (4x4) and whoever did it made it so it leaked again right after the 1 year 12,000 mile warranty and they wouldn’t make it right. Pissssed

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you going to install the emblems?
I'm actually only going to put one of them on. I'm sticking it on the lower left corner of the rear hatch. The second emblem is going on my TRUE shitbox. A 1997 Dodge Intrepid that I bought for $1900 as a beater to mainly get back and forth to work, and hopefully save some gas. It looks like crap, but it runs great, and the AC and heat both work pretty good. That's all that matters to me on a Shitbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout