What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
I am laying if I say today but the last things I been doing was ground the headlights so high/low and fog lights are working the same time also did put in Fahren Forscher Led light's 60w 9005/9006 4 lightbulbs kit and a curved 800 X 80mm 180W led light bar in the upper grill from X-Vision (Genesis 800). Note it's some Chinese thing they sell here in Europe but must say it preform very well, it's not a copy but the name are way too similar to the Vision-X.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh E85….. but hell even that is a fawking dollar a gallon more than it should be!! 2.80 last fillup. I know who to blame, but will refrain from political talk. :mad:
$3.15-$3.29 in WNY currently depending on area you are in. @ 12 mpg it’s lovely.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy multiples of the 5 qt jugs and use the next one to supplement the current oil change. Eventually it will work out...
That’s what I do as well, as I need to add 1.5 quarts or so every 3,000 miles it goes pretty quick & is cheaper then buying 1 quart. Wally World has my valvoline blend for 17.xx not to bad.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
5 seconds ago I finally did get rid of the automatic headlights, did do the resistor hack and it did work fine om my truck. I was a bit sceptical because the dome override method didn't work on my European sepced Tahoe. Have DRL delete in the RPO so didn't get those ugly lights to start ether, now it's totally dark on off and the fog lights can go on in all settings above. So was a really success!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 seconds ago I finally did get rid of the automatic headlights, did do the resistor hack and it did work fine om my truck. I was a bit sceptical because the dome override method didn't work on my European sepced Tahoe. Have DRL delete in the RPO so didn't get those ugly lights to start ether, now it's totally dark on off and the fog lights can go on in all settings above. So was a really success!
Lol. I just removed the resistor I put in years ago. I originally had trouble blowing HID ballasts but I recently did a true retrofit with Morimoto HID’s and their ballasts come with a nice relay setup. I like having the automatic headlights, especially when I’m locking or unlocking it at night so the headlights stay on for a bit. Why did you disable yours, I’m assuming because of HID’s? BTW there’s a full time fog mod so they’re on all the time the headlights or marker lights are on.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Lol. I just removed the resistor I put in years ago. I originally had trouble blowing HID ballasts but I recently did a true retrofit with Morimoto HID’s and their ballasts come with a nice relay setup. I like having the automatic headlights, especially when I’m locking or unlocking it at night so the headlights stay on for a bit. Why did you disable yours, I’m assuming because of HID’s?
Haha what a coincidence!
I didn't like how early my light's did come on, here we can use the fog lights as DRL but not legal at all in use other then with parking lights, goes the same by law in fog, never okay use low or high in combination with fog. So now it looks better and are legal.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha what a coincidence!
I didn't like how early my light's did come on, here we can use the fog lights as DRL but not legal at all in use other then with parking lights, goes the same by law in fog, never okay use low or high in combination with fog. So now it looks better and are legal.
I don’t understand why fog lights are illegal at times, it’s lower to the ground. I can see why hi beams are. I like driving with mine on looks nice. Just wish they weren’t mounted with cheap plastic.

Attachments

• 27EFC1D1-2588-40FF-B16E-636ED67E7BC8.jpeg
    27EFC1D1-2588-40FF-B16E-636ED67E7BC8.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 2

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why fog lights are illegal at times, it’s lower to the ground. I can see why hi beams are. I like driving with mine on looks nice. Just wish they weren’t mounted with cheap plastic.
Exactly. They mandate DRL’s and fogs work the same way as far as being seen imo plus look better.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
This is how the new lights preform in wet weather. The mobile phone doesn't pick up all lights and was driving so pictures aren't the best. It's okay light.

Attachments

• IMG_20210930_215230031.jpg
    IMG_20210930_215230031.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210930_215225654.jpg
    IMG_20210930_215225654.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442