What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, wait..... ( My Bad)....... I just noticed, it's the Key that broke......
Contact the manufacturer and have them send you a half-dozen keys... For free...
He needs to do like me and spit on the wheel lock and slide the key in. Comes right off!!

I panicked when these did the same...

Attachments

• 20210915_175644.jpg
    20210915_175644.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 7

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the key. It's the inside part of the pattern on top or the wheel lock. Just like mine
Yeah it looks like the key should still work, just might not be as good of a grip with the inside gone. Worst case, use an impact so it doesn’t slip.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
8D21E654-5708-44BD-AA97-10DE8C1C8095.jpegLooks like mine!! My keys still works though. Have you tried it ro remove them?? Mine been broken like that due to not being long enough ad as confirmed by McGard. I been meaning to order the longer ones but after breaking like yours they work just fine
So, 1. What’s the part number for the deeper one?
2. Does this seem to match your OEM set..? It seems to be super crap metal. And way to thin to holdup to the torque spec in my opinion.. am I off base here..?

Just comparing to the aftermarket set I have now (Gorilla), there’s a massive difference in metal purchase. I mean I know it’s a different design, but seems the “OEM” set I bought has a very, very thin spot that’s supposed to holdup to the torque..!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you not try just the key??? im glad you got them off though!!
I did not TBH.. I was worried about it slipping and damaging the wheel. I’m glad I got it. It’s possible I could have with the key, but the damn thing is so shallow to begin with, I actually was worried about it slipping while I was I was installing, before it broke. Just seems like a crap design to me. Maybe these actually are OEM…!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT