What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DE3D8D7B-B977-453B-BE25-23E7A1726C47.jpegAlso discovered today that the “Gorrilla” wheel locks I like a lot don’t really make a lot of contact in / on the wheel, even though they are the correct, conical style. So I went looking for the proper wheel lock set for the ‘15 GMC wheels I have.. part: 84488348 for the GM OEM / GM Performance part. Looked on Summit Racing, and almost dropped the $80 on that, until I saw it wouldn’t ship until mid-November.. Ebay seller has the genuine, new part for $30.37 shipped. Hell yeah! Hopefully it’s the real deal. Any tips how to verify are welcome. View attachment 349995
Well.. I went to install the first locking “GM OEM” lug today…..

Right as it hit the required 140 ft lbs, guess what happened..?

58F96D26-54A1-4539-8506-95CFB6813A58.jpeg13F69C9B-F48D-4DF8-A431-8D39DDE7EB68.jpeg

If you guessed: that tiny little bit of ******* i n g potmetal isn’t going to hold s h i t..! You’d be 100% correct. I was obviously scammed into thinking these were genuine when they are some Chinese garbage. Now I’m trying to find the best way to remove this pos so I can put the old ones back on, and wait it out for the Real OEM parts from Summit. any suggestions as to the best tool for this job are appreciated. I’ve got a couple I’m looking at. Ordered this from Amazon, and going by Oreillys this afternoon to look at the one they have in person.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks to me like the end of the wheel stud pushed it out; maybe they aren't deep enough. All I can think of is a small (air?) chisel into opposing flower pedals (or whatever you call them) to see if you can turn it loose. Once it's loose it shouldn't be too difficult to unscrew.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never done it but always heard you can hammer a socket over the nut to dig into it and hopefully break it loose.
Yes I’ve heard that as well. Being 100% round doesn’t work in my favor…. Tried to post to the last reply, but it kept putting the image in my previous post.. ahem, so I’ve ordered this kit: AEA49157-BD7C-415C-9D74-1ECAD502C1C9.jpeg

Really hoping I can get it off with this.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like the end of the wheel stud pushed it out; maybe they aren't deep enough. All I can think of is a small (air?) chisel into opposing flower pedals (or whatever you call them) to see if you can turn it loose. Once it's loose it shouldn't be too difficult to unscrew.
Agree Steve, it’s too shallow, even though this is the proper GM part number for the wheels. It’s also garbage metal, and clearly very thin as well, where it broke loose. So those clues tell me it’s not a GM part.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a full 140 ft/ lbs of torque it’s not gonna be easy that’s for sure. Might be best to try to split it down the side with a sharp cold chisel and a big mf’n hammer.

Edit: even if you damage the stud, it’s easy to replace. Just don’t do anything that might damage the rim since it’s NOT easy to replace.

Last edited:

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. I went to install the first locking “GM OEM” lug today…..

Right as it hit the required 140 ft lbs, guess what happened..?

View attachment 350357View attachment 350358

If you guessed: that tiny little bit of ******* i n g potmetal isn’t going to hold s h i t..! You’d be 100% correct. I was obviously scammed into thinking these were genuine when they are some Chinese garbage. Now I’m trying to find the best way to remove this pos so I can put the old ones back on, and wait it out for the Real OEM parts from Summit. any suggestions as to the best tool for this job are appreciated. I’ve got a couple I’m looking at. Ordered this from Amazon, and going by Oreillys this afternoon to look at the one they have in person.
Looks like mine!! My keys still works though. Have you tried it ro remove them?? Mine been broken like that due to not being long enough ad as confirmed by McGard. I been meaning to order the longer ones but after breaking like yours they work just fine

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like mine!! My keys still works though. Have you tried it ro remove them?? Mine been broken like that due to not being long enough ad as confirmed by McGard. I been meaning to order the longer ones but after breaking like yours they work just fine
Even better idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne