What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I am impressed!! I should have coughed up the dough long time ago for the rear shocks!!! I went on a food run with my kids and let me tell you I am very pleased with the ride quality of the Tahoe. Mind you I have replaced the entire front suspension, fresh alignment, energy suspension F/R sway bar links and now the rear shocks. What a huge difference in ride. I didn't think it would ride this good.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m angry you couldn’t find the plastic ones and now you have to look at rust for a year. I understand the priorities thing 100%.
Being from central Illinois, and the vehicle has always been here, battling rust is a daily issue. I was hoping to have it done before this winter but other things have taken priority. I have a close friend that runs a local, family owned body shop and they do excellent work. He is willing to make me a good deal if I pay cash so I'm going to take him up on that hopefully come spring time. Right now both rockers, and rear fill panels (below body line behind rear tires) are starting to get it pretty bad. I want to catch this before it gets up into the body and eats too much to be repaired.

Side note, I bought a 2009 Malibu with 114k on it for $200. It needs a transmission, so I'll swap that out and use for a daily so the Tahoe gets minimal miles added on. Also I'll be saving a fortune in fuel costs lol.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I am impressed!! I should have coughed up the dough long time ago for the rear shocks!!! I went on a food run with my kids and let me tell you I am very pleased with the ride quality of the Tahoe. Mind you I have replaced the entire front suspension, fresh alignment, energy suspension F/R sway bar links and now the rear shocks. What a huge difference in ride. I didn't think it would ride this good.
They also help hold the rear end up while towing / hauling which is nice. I spent the 700 bucks for original smooth ride suspension package shocks when mine were due just for that as well. All 4 corners.

Yukon_Maui

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UCA and lower ball joints kind of day
I was hoping to do my UCAs this weekend but only one came in on time. If I put the cams back in the exact same position, how far out of alignment do you think I’ll be?
Should I wait until I can do both and get an alignment ASAP, or will I be able to drive it a bit (like a week)?

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to do my UCAs this weekend but only one came in on time. If I put the cams back in the exact same position, how far out of alignment do you think I’ll be?
Should I wait until I can do both and get an alignment ASAP, or will I be able to drive it a bit (like a week)?
The alignment depends on how bad your UCAs were last time the alignment was set. With my new parts, the tech said the alignment was way off. I wouldn't waste my time doing one at a time like you are planning.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan