What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today blower motor #4 went in the 01...GM genuine with the <3 next to it on rock auto, no harness on it resistor plugs right in, no noise, over heating, or issues at all so far. Hopefully this saga is done! Korea vs Canada x3 and Korea has won.

Attachments

• 11FB47F4-4ED1-4281-B4EE-F29527ECCC0E.jpeg
    11FB47F4-4ED1-4281-B4EE-F29527ECCC0E.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 6DCAF890-A733-43FE-BAE8-8A6C0D55BFB6.jpeg
    6DCAF890-A733-43FE-BAE8-8A6C0D55BFB6.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 3

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Er mer gerd ppl! Steering box not black magic voodoo box! Adjust it!
Adjusting may work in some cases for some time, but in reality they are a part that has gears and they wear out...and some company’s don’t care about the gears.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Adjusting may work in some cases for some time, but in reality they are a part that has gears and they wear out...and some company’s don’t care about the gears.
Well I think that’s kinda why I think adjusting is a good option. I bet most remans have used gears inside. So if it’s not leaking and the input/output bearings are in decent shape, there might not be much to gain from a reman. Too loose and sloppy or too tight and twitchy, can very potentially be adjusted out for a fraction of the labor of changing out the gear, not to mention price of the part

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think that’s kinda why I think adjusting is a good option. I bet most remans have used gears inside. So if it’s not leaking and the input/output bearings are in decent shape, there might not be much to gain from a reman. Too loose and sloppy or too tight and twitchy, can very potentially be adjusted out for a fraction of the labor of changing out the gear, not to mention price of the part
It most certainly is a nice option, I might just try it on this box on my next day off. Play is minimal but annoying on long trips. Been in between the decision of messing with it or leaving it alone.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, alot of remans are also set up too tight or loose from the reman process. They normally throw seals at them and clean things up, maybe a bushing or 2...

I guess this is why I change my PS fluid frequently in all my cars, keeps the gears in better shape I think.

My recent 04 I just bought, took 1/8 turn of the sector screw to take the slight slop out and drives perfect.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on the Flex pump. It's probably 13 or 15 mm tall and has several thicknesses.

View attachment 345156

Well, that could be a good thing since there's more probability for a leak. So, maybe you've pinpointed the problem. The bigger accomplishment is that you actually found a leak using a smoke machine. All too often the leak is too small to produce enough smoke for anyone to find it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to do oil changes this fall in the Hoe and the Fusion, but I'm not seeing Shell Rotella Gas Truck oil anywhere in local stores. Last time I got it at WalMart but I'm not finding it there, not even an empty bin. Anyone seeing it locally? I'll probably have to order it online.

I've been casually looking over the past week for Rotella T6 at a few Walmarts, where I usually get it, but the shelves have been empty. Auto parts stores were out as well. I'm all over the state for work so I was able to score the gallon jug of 15W-40 T6 I needed from O'Reilly in a podunk town an hour away from home. I started to think it was being discontinued. But it's just like everything else being in short supply due to component shortages.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, that could be a good thing since there's more probability for a leak. So, maybe you've pinpointed the problem. The bigger accomplishment is that you actually found a leak using a smoke machine. All too often the leak is too small to produce enough smoke for anyone to find it.

After looking at the specs its even taller than I recalled. Says 18mm. I have the new one, thanks to part number confirmation by @915_Tahoe, and a new metal ring in case the OE one is weak.

We didn't exactly pinpoint the leak with smoke, but we could tell that it was coming from the fuel pump area. We shot several short bursts of low pressure air into the vent valve line -- since the rest of the system is closed -- and Nate could feel the air from the leak hissing out right at the seal.