What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R422b

Reaction score
What's Scelzi?
I utility bed manufacturer from southern california. Their add shows something like 6 guys standing on the top box lid and they really are that good. I climbed all over that bed getting refrigerant tanks out and loading and unloading ladders. It is sure going to be missed. The buckboard ride of the ford on the other hand isn't missed.
https://www.seinc.com/
Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I utility bed manufacturer from southern california. Their add shows something like 6 guys standing on the top box lid and they really are that good. I climbed all over that bed getting refrigerant tanks out and loading and unloading ladders. It is sure going to be missed. The buckboard ride of the ford on the other hand isn't missed.
https://www.seinc.com/
Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
I'd take it off and save it. You might luck out and get some good $$ for it, or maybe find a nice Silverado and put it on there. I wouldn't junk it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Had been debating a switch to Rotella and K&N filter vs my long time Mobil 1 setup (thanks to @swathdiver). When I found a bunch of Rotella Gas Truck on the clearance shelf at Menards a while back, I took it as a sign from the Lord and bought it all.

I had also decided to run a Kreen treatment this year and have had plugs and wires on the list/shelf for a bit, so... here's what I did:

Pulled a sample for Blackstone and changed out a few quarts of the Mobil 1 about 1000 miles ago. Added 8oz of Kreen with the new oil. Also, been filling up with 93 since then.

Saturday afternoon, I pulled the air filter, intake tube, plugs and wires. Based on the P/N, I think they're the originals. Not bad for 167k.

20210502_165811.jpg

Then I used a tiny funnel and tube with a pipette to squirt 1oz. of Kreen into each cylinder. Installed the new plugs - Delco 41-110, turned it over a couple times with the key (no wires), and let her sit overnight.

Today I cleaned the Airaid filter and MAF while they were out, installed the new wires, and put everything back together. Then I added 8oz of Kreen to the 1/4ish tank of 93 and another 8oz to the oil (For those following along with your measuring cups, that makes 1 quart of Kreen total). Wires were VMS 10.2mm (I think @Doubeleive pointed them out a while back? They've been in the parts pile for about...nevermind). They seem nice. I do wish they were about 1" shorter in a couple spots. I thought I took pictures of them installed, but...:crazy:

20210501_215610.jpg

Then I ran the truck for about an hour. A little white smoke from the tail pipe, but nothing youtube worthy. I could smell the Kreen a little, though.

Next, I proceeded to burn the skin off my hand for the sake of science by immediately acquiring another sample for Blackstone. I pulled and cleaned the catch can, and let her drain for a good long while. Documented milage, reset the oil monitor, installed K&N HP-1007, and fed her the Rotella 5w-30.

20210502_171338.jpg

Last but not least, I took the long (Blackbear sport mode) route to grab an XL pepperoni pie. All seems good and running smooth. No noticeable difference in oil pressure. I think the lifters quieted down a touch, though.

Oh crap...I meant to rotate the tires...:disgust:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the size difference between obs/nbs? Obs is 5 lug isn't it?
5x5 on my 94 c1500. Some are 6 lug and some are 8.

Obs years had the integrated rotor and hub. So its a bigger deal than just swapping rotors like nbs/nnbs

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had been debating a switch to Rotella and K&N filter vs my long time Mobil 1 setup (thanks to @swathdiver). When I found a bunch of Rotella Gas Truck on the clearance shelf at Menards a while back, I took it as a sign from the Lord and bought it all.

I had also decided to run a Kreen treatment this year and have had plugs and wires on the list/shelf for a bit, so... here's what I did:

Pulled a sample for Blackstone and changed out a few quarts of the Mobil 1 about 1000 miles ago. Added 8oz of Kreen with the new oil. Also, been filling up with 93 since then.

Saturday afternoon, I pulled the air filter, intake tube, plugs and wires. Based on the P/N, I think they're the originals. Not bad for 167k.

View attachment 278192

Then I used a tiny funnel and tube with a pipette to squirt 1oz. of Kreen into each cylinder. Installed the new plugs - Delco 41-110, turned it over a couple times with the key (no wires), and let her sit overnight.

Today I cleaned the Airaid filter and MAF while they were out, installed the new wires, and put everything back together. Then I added 8oz of Kreen to the 1/4ish tank of 93 and another 8oz to the oil (For those following along with your measuring cups, that makes 1 quart of Kreen total). Wires were VMS 10.2mm (I think @Doubeleive pointed them out a while back? They've been in the parts pile for about...nevermind). They seem nice. I do wish they were about 1" shorter in a couple spots. I thought I took pictures of them installed, but...:crazy:

View attachment 278193

Then I ran the truck for about an hour. A little white smoke from the tail pipe, but nothing youtube worthy. I could smell the Kreen a little, though.

Next, I proceeded to burn the skin off my hand for the sake of science by immediately acquiring another sample for Blackstone. I pulled and cleaned the catch can, and let her drain for a good long while. Documented milage, reset the oil monitor, installed K&N HP-1007, and fed her the Rotella 5w-30.

View attachment 278194

Last but not least, I took the long (Blackbear sport mode) route to grab an XL pepperoni pie. All seems good and running smooth. No noticeable difference in oil pressure. I think the lifters quieted down a touch, though.

wasn't me but I have considered buying those wires before I probably had them on a watch list at some point in the past, probably need to do mine soon I am right around 50k on the plugs and wires.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 278192

View attachment 278193

View attachment 278194

Nice work. I wish I had that much determination. I’ve had a can of Kreen sitting on the shelf forever. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63