What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hubby and I got tired of the 06 Sierra Denali's horrible brake performance compared to our 09 Tahoe... So we upgraded the front brakes to the GMT900 style, and now it stops so much better.

View attachment 276056

View attachment 276057

I didn't get many pictures because this upgrade has been done by so many of you guys, but I had to have the proof :)
Nice, thanks for the pics. It makes me feel like I accomplished something, not sure why. :happy107:

sam05

Reaction score
I've been working on my other cars a lot lately, but I finally got to give my Denali some much needed attention. I fixed the efan wiring (I think) and replaced the accelerator pedal sensor to resolve the P0220 code. Also replaced the rear shocks with the KYB shocks recommended here on the forum and changed out the springs for the Moog heavy duty version. The air shocks have probably been blown since I got the truck 2.5 years ago. This made a huge difference in the ride quality and handling! Now off the have the transmission inspected/serviced for peace of mind. It got up to 215 the last 2 times I drove it. I have not seen it go that high before.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been working on my other cars a lot lately, but I finally got to give my Denali some much needed attention. I fixed the efan wiring (I think) and replaced the accelerator pedal sensor to resolve the P0220 code. Also replaced the rear shocks with the KYB shocks recommended here on the forum and changed out the springs for the Moog heavy duty version. The air shocks have probably been blown since I got the truck 2.5 years ago. This made a huge difference in the ride quality and handling! Now off the have the transmission inspected/serviced for peace of mind. It got up to 215 the last 2 times I drove it. I have not seen it go that high before.

If you haven't already upgrade the transcooler, makes a big difference
https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/category/automatic-transmission-coolers.html

sam05

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in that. I was already considering a Tru Cool 40K...I just want to see what's going on first. It always ran cool (180 or under) the last 2 summers and we haven't even hit 100 yet this year. I am concerned to see the transmission gauge hitting 215 already. I have a transmission shop I've used before, but they're a 45 minute drive and we have a baby coming in the next 3 weeks so I'm trying to figure out how to do it without missing any extra work. (Don't worry, there's another baby friendly vehicle in the driveway...I'm not risking her safe transport home!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts