What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still watching for my intermittent parasitic draw, which hasn't shown up lately.

Checked the Bose amp connections and pulled out the PO's PAC SNI-35 Line Out Converter he neglected to remove, checked the wires running under the driver's sill, and the PCM connections. Everything's clean and spotless.

Last edited:

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those guys that have replaced the rusty rocker panels do you have any reputable sites to order replacement panels from? I am looking for inner and outer replacement panels to do the repair correctly. I have a body shop in town that is great at this repair and very familiar with it. I just want this ol girl to last as long as I can considering I've done far too much other work to let it rust away (problems of living in Illinois and road salt)
Not knowing exactly what you're driving, I bought some repair panels from this place: https://www.millsupply.com/auto-body-rust-repair-panels/gmc/yukon-xl/2001/rear-end-panels/

I haven't put them on yet, but they look to be of good quality.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the headlights off Amazon. Says Brock, but box came labeled Eagle Eyes. They seem to be good quality. Once adjusted the light output is great. Nice cutoff line. No water leakage/condensation. You use 9005 bulbs for both high and low beams. Low has included pigtail to connect to existing vehicle harness, so yes basically plug and play.

https://www.amazon.com/Passenger-Headlights-Headlamps-Replacement-15218077/dp/B07DNJ8W31

Beer was removed!

mwilson..... I am considering , 'pulling the trigger', and order the Brock headlights.
BUT..... Before I order them, IS THE LIGHTING AN IMPROVEMENT, or just "neat looking" housings & "neat looking" pattern ?? My desire is to see better ahead !

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 rear control arms and a quick brake bleed. also replaced the rear driveshaft U joints, ran out of time for the fronts. Can’t believe they’re original, they weren’t seized but for sure weren’t very smooth.

73E755D2-74F1-4D00-A3F3-405B4FC4558A.jpeg

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 rear control arms and a quick brake bleed. also replaced the rear driveshaft U joints, ran out of time for the fronts. Can’t believe they’re original, they weren’t seized but for sure weren’t very smooth.

View attachment 268611

What made you replace the control arms? Was there play in the bushings? Have you felt a difference in how it rides or handles?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 268611
Isn’t it fun melting those u-joints out?
Edit: if they’re original, that means you had to torch them and watch the plastic that holds them in come melting out. If they had clips they weren’t original.

Last edited:

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mwilson..... I am considering , 'pulling the trigger', and order the Brock headlights.
BUT..... Before I order them, IS THE LIGHTING AN IMPROVEMENT, or just "neat looking" housings & "neat looking" pattern ?? My desire is to see better ahead !

I am by no means a headlight expert, but for me it was an improvement. The PO had regular OEM style aftermarket headlights that even when I adjusted to what I thought was correct, did not extend the light pattern very far up the road and was “scattered” looking. Once I installed the Brock headlights I aimed them to the same level as my old ones on my fence, then went for a drive. I immediately noticed a crisper, cleaner beam from each light with a distinct cutoff, which I believe is typical of a projector headlight. I actually stopped a couple miles from my house and adjusted them a little higher in a parking lot, then drove around some dark back roads for about 10 minutes and was very pleased with light output. When I installed I put regular halogen 9005 Sylvania silver star bulbs in. The adjustment screws use either a torx bit, or I used a small 1/4” 12 point socket on the End of a 1/4” nut driver to go over the whole screw as they seemed pretty tight to turn at first. Again, nice improvement for me and glad I purchased.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What made you replace the control arms? Was there play in the bushings? Have you felt a difference in how it rides or handles?
It has 230k miles on it and I got all 4 for under $100. I’ve been chasing an issue of it moving side to side over large bumps on the highway. Most bushings looked good but the upper control arm bushings had some cracks in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17