What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced both batteries today. I had added the TP2 factory dual battery configuration several years ago, partly because it has always gone through batteries pretty fast, and partly because I wanted the second battery for the inverter. It started fine leaving work yesterday, but I stopped at the store on the way home and it wouldn't start when I came back out. The isolation solenoid is supposed to connect the aux battery when you turn the key on, but only if the main battery has enough juice to energize it. I had made a special harness to plug into the solenoid for that scenario so I could jump start myself, but that didn't work either, so I had to get it jump started from another car. After I got home, I put my meter on both batteries, 8 volts on the main and 4 volts on the aux. With the engine on I was reading around 13-14 volts, so pretty sure the alternator is fine. Anyway, I put in two new AGM's, hopefully they will handle the Tahoe's electrical system better than the standard lead-acids I've had in the past.

I guess the aux battery had gone bad recently, and I just hadn't noticed any problems, but when the main died too I was stuck without the ability to jump start myself. I have put up with the variable voltage regulator control cooking batteries since it was new. I think I heard that there was a software fix for this on the GMT900s, but I have never seen one for the GMT800s.

For those who don't believe without pics...

IMG_20201003_170213231.jpg IMG_20201003_170226692.jpg

Last edited:

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
Replaced both batteries today. I had added the TP2 factory dual battery configuration several years ago, partly because it has always gone through batteries pretty fast, and partly because I wanted the second battery for the inverter. It started fine leaving work yesterday, but I stopped at the store on the way home and it wouldn't start when I came back out. The isolation solenoid is supposed to connect the aux battery when you turn the key on, but only if the main battery has enough juice to energize it. I had made a special harness to plug into the solenoid for that scenario so I could jump start myself, but that didn't work either, so I had to get it jump started from another car. After I got home, I put my meter on both batteries, 8 volt on the main and 4 volts on the aux. With the engine on I was reading around 13-14 volts, so pretty sure the alternator is fine. Anyway, I put in two new AGM's, hopefully they will handle the Tahoe's electrical system better than the standard lead-acids I've had in the past.

I guess the aux battery had gone bad recently, and I just hadn't noticed any problems, but when the main died too I was stuck without the ability to jump start myself. I have put up with the variable voltage regulator control cooking batteries since it was new. I think I heard that there was a software fix for this on the GMT900s, but I have never seen one for the GMT800s.

For those who don't believe without pics...

View attachment 259215 View attachment 259216

That looks like a clean installation, very nice. Would you happen to know the part number for the fender to firewall brace? Thanks.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a clean installation, very nice. Would you happen to know the part number for the fender to firewall brace? Thanks.
That is custom. I made it to replace the factory brace that doesn't have enough clearance for a battery. GM simply left the brace off when they installed an aux battery.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed a big difference in your breaking distance yet?
So I finally got my final tune from BlackBear, 9-21, and didn’t have the time to flash it until today with all the other things going on. My last tune was a temporary one, and they just made a few little tweaks.. well... those little tweaks made a difference. Holy crap, I absolutely love the way she pulls now! I cannot wait to get a cam and some heads, and really make her sing. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji631]

Oh, and regarding the brake upgrade.... MUCH better. I can definitely tell a huge difference when I’m slowing down from eh... let’s call it a rural speed.. 7447040fea67d434c21451e71105a05d.jpgSorry for the crap picture. Damn phone used the flash. See my awesome mpg!? [emoji23][emoji1787] I had to let off considering the road I was on. I did have a few a bit higher than this, but didn’t want to do a whole lot at night. And yes my cluster looks like shit. I still need to relocate or add additional fuses for the remote start. As of now I have to pull the damn dash apart for the AutoCal to talk to the ECM. Just another project for the list.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaning up my junkyard suburban rear end links. Pressed out old bushings and hit withrust convertor

Edit: whoops lol. These are for my c1500. Meant to put it in the gmt400 section.

20201004_183734.jpg 20201004_220628.jpg 20201004_180155.jpg

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the NNBS calipers and goodridge stainless lines installed. Also proactively replaced the heater hose tees. Now I don’t have to worry about that potentially leaving me stranded somewhere.

I’m glad I paid my shop to replace the stainless limes. But I’m also super disappointed. They were somehow unable to fit the middle line to the OEM fitting without leaks. He even cut and re-flared the line, but couldn’t manage to make it work. So I’m not pleased about that. Has anyone else had trouble with this..?

And an oil change. Catch can contents after a 3k interval..

That truck is super clean! Um, how did you get more than 5 pictures in a single post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins