What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mezzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta follow his Trans Am build.

I have been,saw the engine he just just picked up for it yesterday, pretty much watch all his content, his junkyard videos also are great,even though theres not much of them. The stuff you guys got in the Northeast beats the yards near me by miles.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have been,saw the engine he just just picked up for it yesterday, pretty much watch all his content, his junkyard videos also are great,even though theres not much of them. The stuff you guys got in the Northeast beats the yards near me by miles.
Lol, I also loved his jy vids.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought my fuel pump just died as the truck started to run rough at a light on my way to work then as I accelerated it died and will not start. Towed it to a buddies business nearby and checked fuel pressure at the rail. It has pressure! When pressing the valve on the fuel rain and turning the engine over fuel sprays out like a fire hose so I don't think that's the issue. My next thought is the Crank sensor? Had 60psi of oil pressure and the motor never sounded bad so I don't think anything is hurt. It almost wants to start when cranking but never does fire off. I got a bad out of the box crank sensor when I built the 6.0 in my Silverado and it took me forever to realize that's why it didn't start.

What do you guys think?

Edit: New info

Tachometer, IAT, ECT, and MAP are all readying correctly.

Timing is showing 10* steady during cranking (Not sure what startup timing is supposed to be)

The exhaust smells of gas but the engine sounds like timing is off.

Still no codes

I'm thinking Cam sensor

I'm thinking a valve dropped and was pushed through the head. Total wild asshair guess, though.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen that key fob from a guy on YT LSXMatt,its suppose to be super easy to synch up,been thinking about getting one of those.
I seen that one as well but first read about them somewhere here on the forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to get used to the new fobs, but I do kind of like the feel of them so far! Was going to order the brake lines but wasn’t sure. Got confused between Russell or Goodridge. Russell has 5 lines and Goodridge has 6 listed?

The 6 line set is for the StabiliTrak models IIRC. I got the Goodridge kit (thanks @eohat!!) will be putting them on soon. Part: 14175 (6-line kit w/ Stabilitrak is: 14196.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for me! Now I actually need to look under mine to make sure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC