What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I know. I’ve seen somewhere online that the oem drive cycle only takes about 15 minutes versus the hour or so it’ll take to go 100 mi.

It's not just mileage. There are a handful of events (key on/off cycles, gear changes, etc.) that have to happen to complete the various monitors.

Case in point: Girlfriend had an '02 Montero Sport with a persistent CEL so it wouldn't pass inspection. I replaced a few cheap possibilities, cleared the codes, then ran it on jackstands with a stick on the pedal to hold the speed around 70MPH while I did other things. After about 75 miles, the light still hadn't come on. I set it on the ground to take it around the block to ensure. Just as I had made the turn to come back home, that damned CEL came back on for the same code.

dwinters14

Reaction score
Replaced oil pan gasket, upper and lower ball joints, front shocks, torsion keys, rear springs and I attempted to replace my rear shocks but the rough country kit I got didn't work! The aluminum insert didn't fit into the bushings.

Also I still see oil leaking, but it's coming from somewhere where the oil pan touches the transmission. Any ideas? It's no visible so I'm gonna assume it's not the oil pan gasket.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced oil pan gasket, upper and lower ball joints, front shocks, torsion keys, rear springs and I attempted to replace my rear shocks but the rough country kit I got didn't work! The aluminum insert didn't fit into the bushings.

Also I still see oil leaking, but it's coming from somewhere where the oil pan touches the transmission. Any ideas? It's no visible so I'm gonna assume it's not the oil pan gasket.
Rear main?

Ftrsavage

Reaction score

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

All that work, and no pics?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts