What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the kicker. Their site is very specific about using a Sunnen pressure tester to make sure no bad ones go out. I'm kicking myself for not inspecting them super closely before installing....because now I don't know if it was already cracked (presumably) or developed in less than 500 miles (unlikely).
Pressure checking a head is not the best way of testing as they generally don't heat them up when they test them. They should either have tested with Mag Particle or Liquid Penetrant testing. When I designed equipment for Magnaflux, I built more than a few units that replaced pressure testing set-ups for this exact reason.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I was finally able to install and set up my Stinger Heigh10 head unit. Once I get the time and motivation to install the amps speakers and build a box for my sub I'll post more updates. Anyone else doing anything for HD audio in their NBS?

View attachment 254792 View attachment 254793
I’ve been putting off a new deck . I’ve been looking at the oversized ones like yours. Soon hopefully

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been putting off a new deck . I’ve been looking at the oversized ones like yours. Soon hopefully

I had never even known there was options for stuff like this out there. A friend of mine has connections with higher ups at Stinger and I got a great deal on this head unit. I'm mainly excited for an optical output to run to my DSP so I can have the best connection and clarity possible. I am getting ready to install the most advanced stereo components I've ever owned. I can imagine how much sound deadening material I'm going to have to purchase as well as this will exaggerate all of the rattles inside the cabin. This install was pretty straight forward and I'm hoping the rest goes as smooth.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Ordered the newest model intermediate steering shaft and replacement bearing, this time AC DELCO. Got impatient and went against my rule of not using dorman like a week ago and it clunks again already. ☹️ Hopefully adding transmission temp gauge tomorrow.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ordered the newest model intermediate steering shaft and replacement bearing, this time AC DELCO. Got impatient and went against my rule of not using dorman like a week ago and it clunks again already. ☹️ Hopefully adding transmission temp gauge tomorrow.
Adding and Esky or Denali cluster?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the knock sensors and gaskets set in and new trico force blades, I'm going to try out the trico glass treatment on the other 2 trucks when it starts to rain again, currently in a 109deg heatwave for the next 10 days or more so these knock sensors might have to wait a couple weeks unless I do it at night

IMG_20200813_164114.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s very few Dorman parts I will buy. That’s not one of them. Luckily it’s not super hard to replace so lesson learned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep