What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem! I stumbled upon it Friday. I'm definitely intrigued and compelled to try, but I'm curious mostly if when you stop adding the MPG will fall back to normal.

I doubt it. I don't see how it could make any drastic change in MPG in the first place unless your system was already ailing. I've been using it for a few months now, both before and after the engine mods. I noticed smoother idling after a few weeks of running it. I'd attribute that to my injectors being slightly dirty and the oil gradually cleaned them.

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
I doubt it. I don't see how it could make any drastic change in MPG in the first place unless your system was already ailing. I've been using it for a few months now, both before and after the engine mods. I noticed smoother idling after a few weeks of running it. I'd attribute that to my injectors being slightly dirty and the oil gradually cleaned them.

Right, IDK. But the thought of even 16+ in the city is appealing.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Link to thread?

Does everyone drive that slowly up there on the freeway? Speed limit signs mean absolutely nothing here, not even to the cops. They have a saying: "19 is fine, but 20- you're mine".
At midnight? yeah everyone goes slow. Major speed trap area. Admittedly I was the slowest on the road but only by about 2mph. Going 60 was more about having an easily repeatable test than anything else. Somewhere back in this thread, I did a little straight shot with similar conditions when I was testing if fuel system cleaners had any effect. Tried to find it but I suck at using the search function.

My questions are:

A- How often do you add it?
B- The moment you stop adding it, does your MPG drop off and go back to the typical 14-16?

A- Every time I fill up
B- Can't say I ever really got 14-16 in my rig. Perks of a lot of freeway driving I suppose. Nonetheless this wasn't intended to be a test of tank to tank economy, it was a test in mild temps with good conditions at a steady speed on the freeway. It's meant to be repeatable and comparable to itself. I noted a 1-2mpg pickup in general between tanks but it's not anything I logged. I'm just running this stuff for a year before I pull plugs and send off some oil for a UOA on the subject. Will make further evaluations from there.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Could also speculate about ring to cylinder wall friction. 8 cylinders can add up to some drag. Can't comment on injectors as the last time I had them out was when I was changing my intake manifold gasket. Didn't really look at them or do a spray test. Was just swapping o-rings

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
That stupid rabbit holes I go down....

Y'all remember the thread about the dude adding oil to his gas and posting some dumb fuel economy numbers?

TWC3 rated 2 stroke 450-500:1 mix.

Could probably squeeze a few more tenths if there was anything on this vehicle that was fuel economy conscious.... 4wd (driven in 2wd), 75w140 in the Diffs, no fuel saver stuff in the trans, high pressure oil pump, and smoker shades on the windows.

Held at 60mph as per GPS. 60f ambient, no a/c. Flat enough freeway. Roughly 13mi

View attachment 254469

After reading that thread, I tried the oil bs and it didn't work for me.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was waiting until I put the boss plow frame on and tow hooks back to post pics of completed look.
So you responded to my no pics post with.. no pics, and saying you were waiting until you had the plow frame and tow.. ah... Did I miss the pics??

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of work zero progress only thing I actually got done was running the RCA's and the remote turn on for the amplifier under the carpet completely forgot to run the remote volume so zero progress

received_384597545836625.jpeg received_1971960696267135.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98