What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf .They’re going to be around 2x that cost, but will retune your rig for free as long as you own it. So any upgrades you do down the road will get a free tune to take advantage of it. Well worth it. I just got mine not long ago and it’s like driving a different truck. They will also activate your efans for you. That’s on my list but I’m still buying parts.

ETA: Does this performance shop down the road do dyno tuning ? If they do, that would be a potential advantage, but it will end up being more expensive in the long run, when you inevitably add a camshaft, heads and springs, rods, rockers, and eventually forced induction. [emoji16][emoji106][emoji631]
They do! $600 for that. I’ve been looking at Blackbear and am strongly considering it. But on the flip side I’ve always wanted to have a good relationship with a shop and support local things.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do! $600 for that. I’ve been looking at Blackbear and am strongly considering it. But on the flip side I’ve always wanted to have a good relationship with a shop and support local things.
I certainly can see the benefits of having friends with a dyno, and tuning skills. [emoji106][emoji16][emoji631] most of us aren’t so fortunate.

GJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly can see the benefits of having friends with a dyno, and tuning skills. [emoji106][emoji16][emoji631] most of us aren’t so fortunate.
Makes me nervous my poor little Tahoe nickel and diming her way while guys are dropping off brand new corvettes and Camaro's

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I would like to add some extra gauges to the Hoe. I was thinking about adding them to the A pillar, so I bought one of those universal pods. Tho possible to make it fit and look good, I don't want to mess with it. I was then thinking of getting the complete A pillar type, it fits OVER your existing pillar. Eh. Anyone have any ideas where to put some gauges? Mine are 2 1/2". I don't really care for the pod on the steering column. I thought about the top area of the center console, but that won't work well for me. I take that part off frequently enough that it'll be a pita. Anyone have any good ideas?
Anybody? Ideas?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody? Ideas?
Sorry Tony, all I can think of is the A-pillar pods. What’s wrong with using that one you got? It’s “universal” I guess that means : PITA to make it look and fit decent? If it were me, and I wanted to add more than one gauge, I’d probably do the A-pillar. If it were a single gauge, that’s another story. I’d squeeze it in somewhere I can see it but be fairly unobtrusive.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 2.5" spacers for the rear in today. Threw them up front for fun just to see how it would look. The 6mm slip spacers didn't end up working for the front, check my thread in the lifted section if you have any advice, I really need some lol.

IMG_3456.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sorry Tony, all I can think of is the A-pillar pods. What’s wrong with using that one you got? It’s “universal” I guess that means : PITA to make it look and fit decent? If it were me, and I wanted to add more than one gauge, I’d probably do the A-pillar. If it were a single gauge, that’s another story. I’d squeeze it in somewhere I can see it but be fairly unobtrusive.
I'm not happy with the universal one I have. I think it would take a lot of massaging to get it to fit right and look good with no gaps.20200708_220325.jpg 20200708_220355.jpgThis is the full A pillar pod--20200708_220221.jpg
It slips over the existing panel. I'm gonna use at least 2 gauges. The reviews were iffy too.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the universal one I have. I think it would take a lot of massaging to get it to fit right and look good with no gaps.View attachment 251915 View attachment 251915 View attachment 251915 View attachment 251913 View attachment 251915This is the full A pillar pod--View attachment 251914
It slips over the existing panel. I'm gonna use at least 2 gauges. The reviews were iffy too.
Hmm.. well what are you adding? 2 gauges? 3? Are you adding a wide band? TBH that’s the only thing I can think of right now that I’d want. I definitely can see where you’re coming from with the universal one. If you think it’s going to be tough to make it look good, knowing your expertise with interiors, I’ll agree based upon that. Can you return it?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hmm.. well what are you adding? 2 gauges? 3? Are you adding a wide band? TBH that’s the only thing I can think of right now that I’d want. I definitely can see where you’re coming from with the universal one. If you think it’s going to be tough to make it look good, knowing your expertise with interiors, I’ll agree based upon that. Can you return it?
I think I'm gonna add oil pressure, volts--gotta see what else I have to throw in there. I have a few laying around.20200708_220129.jpg 20200708_220109.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys