1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vwbeaner, Mar 29, 2010.

1. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    Looks great! Good choice.

Sam Harris and StillEnjoyLegos like this.
  2. Thatsquishykid717

Thatsquishykid717 Annoying guy with the loud stereo

Name:
    Jordan
    21D58357-3FD0-47B6-B243-4F8EE9792E0E.jpeg

Merc1973, Miami-Dade, ivin74 and 12 others like this.
  3. mwilson62000

mwilson62000 Full Access Member

Name:
    Mike
    Looking Good!

Sam Harris and StillEnjoyLegos like this.
  4. mwilson62000

mwilson62000 Full Access Member

Name:
    Mike
    60 degree day. Had to give her a hand wash.
    3D41CA77-C4EF-456D-9984-71FA5D2F3A6A.jpeg CA0F4731-F9E1-44BA-ABDA-0CD8AEC9812B.jpeg

5. eohat

eohat In Torque We Trust

Name:
    Mike
    Your truck looks great with the new wheels. It really makes a big difference. :driver: If you have access to a tech2 or other programmer you can correct the speedo if the tire size is different than the originals. I put 2015 Silverado take offs on mine a few years ago along with some factory lug nuts that I found on eBay.

01-tahoe-01.jpg
    01-tahoe02.jpg

6. StillEnjoyLegos

StillEnjoyLegos TYF Newbie

Name:
    Rob
    Appreciate all the comments :) Nice to see others with these wheels too, they really do seem to 'fit' with this body style, not flashy but give it a fresh look.

100% great idea. As I've been upgrading all the little things that are off pop more I've noticed. This is an easy one I need to take take care of. I figure sand and find spray can for auto but any input welcome (I usually take paint projects/body work to a buddy).

I hear you. I think if I do a lift it should be when I get new tires for these rims, probably more aggressive and a bit bigger but no guarantee - I do like how it looks at the moment.

Prob do the cleanup and paint of the hitch area and headlights for now. I like having my projects for the Yukon, since no payments I figure I can drop some cash to keep her fresh ;)

Sam Harris and iamdub like this.
  7. BADRIDES

BADRIDES Full Access Member

Name:
    Jason
    Clean it up real good and shoot it with some Krylon Satin Black paint. No need to sand just shoot it Satin Black.

StillEnjoyLegos and Sam Harris like this.
  8. Fless

Fless Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    Unless it's very rusty, the hitch comes off pretty easy, 2 or 3 bolts on either side (hitch ends) on the frame, and two on either side of the receiver. Lots easier to paint that way, or to give it to your buddy to paint. Sandblasting would be a plus, but when I did mine it was sandpaper and wire brush. And RustOleum gloss black enamel. I may have shot some clear over that, but I don't recall.

EDIT: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ahoe-yukon-today.12502/page-2801#post-1346388

StillEnjoyLegos and Sam Harris like this.
  9. dszx13

dszx13 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dennis
    Ok so I did a brake flush at work on my Yukon the other day. I put new rotors and pads on maybe 3-400 miles ago. The brake pedal is still mushy. Been like that for years. I figured the flush would fix it for sure. The flush basically sucks all the old fluid out of the reservoir. Pressurizes it with new. And you go to each caliper and sucks the remaking old out till you see new fluid. It helped some but not enough. My avy is night and day difference and both have hydroboost. Any ideas? Recent pic of the avy when I met up with a few buddies from another forum for lunch[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade, iddqd and Sam Harris like this.
  10. BADRIDES

BADRIDES Full Access Member

Name:
    Jason
    What size tires on the Avalanche? Let's see more pics of the GMC parked beside you.