1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vwbeaner, Mar 29, 2010.

1. StillEnjoyLegos

StillEnjoyLegos TYF Newbie

Name:
    Rob
    I already have to clear that damn code every start up due to a bad sensor - so I guess that wont change. Hope I won't have to do it 4 times though... hah

2. dubyagee01

dubyagee01 Full Access Member

Name:
    dubyagee
    Bought it with 80000ish miles. Just rolled 170000. Rebuilt the frontend and changed the fluids. Noticed the master cylinder is leaking and its time for Z71 rear springs.

3. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    Throw some new ones in them.

StillEnjoyLegos, iamdub and wjburken like this.
  4. tjlong1981

tjlong1981 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Tim
    What does the Z71 springs do?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

5. iamdub

iamdub Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    I agree with Nate. Now's the time to have new ones installed while you're not actually using the wheels. BTW, you won't have four separate warnings for each sensor, just that one for the TPMS system fault.

Or, for the price of the four new sensors, you can get a spoofer box thing that sends four "good" signals to the TPMS computer at all times, mimicking operating sensors and good tire pressures. If you swap wheels often or maybe just for the seasons and don't wanna worry with the sensors or relearning them to the TPMS system, this could be your answer. You'd have to actually check and maintain your tire pressure, like the good ol' days.

http://www.tpmsdelete.com/

@Jolly Roger installed this and, AFAIK, once he worked out the bugs (loose power wire?), it has been working great since. He used a $10 power converter to keep the module hardwired for power instead of keeping it plugged into a USB port.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/antennas-sticking-outa-my-tires.112927/page-3#post-1358116

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  6. StillEnjoyLegos

StillEnjoyLegos TYF Newbie

Name:
    Rob
    Picked the wheels up this morning. Installed and gave her a nice cleaning since it's a nice 50 degree winter day. Really happy with the result after the upgrades last few months. I need to get sensors and new nuts still ;) then I'm on to new headlights. Maybe level/small lift as well. Open for suggestions :)

IMG_0693.jpg
    image1.jpeg
    image0.jpeg

Merc1973, Miami-Dade, iddqd and 13 others like this.
  7. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Looking good with the new wheels!

Sam Harris and StillEnjoyLegos like this.
  8. BADRIDES

BADRIDES Full Access Member

Name:
    Jason
    Looks good but shoot a coat of paint on the trailer hitch.

9. dubyagee01

dubyagee01 Full Access Member

Name:
    dubyagee

Replaces the autoride springs so it doesnt depend on air shocks for the correct spring rate. Stops the highway wobble/drifting. Ill still keep the aftermarket air shocks for extra load help.

10. iamdub

iamdub Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    I swear, the NBS wears the wheels from the newer gens better than the newer gens. It looks like it's sitting pretty good as-is. Doesn't look saggy or anything. The driver side may be a little lower, as expected. I'd just cranks the torsion key(s) to either level it front to back or at least level the driver side with the passenger side. I prefer a little rake for load and aerodynamic purposes, so I'd just pick up that front driver corner a hair to match the passenger side. IMO, go up more than where it is now and the tires will look too small.