What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much confirmed that I have a blown or leaking head gasket. But the ole Burb still needs SOOO much other work, that the wife is trying to talk me into getting another vehicle. But that's not really an option as long as we are still paying on her damn Jeep. The entire suspension needs to be redone, including all bushings and balljoints, could use some interior work, and I still need some body and paint work done. My mind is bouncing all over the place......
Shit. That sucks man.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm like should I just go all out and redo EVERYTHING on my truck? Or throw in the towel and start over? It still runs and drives perfectly fine, I don't even have milkshake in the oil yet. Part of me wants to just keep driving it and save up some cash for a 6.0 swap. But part of me would also like to get a 2015 or newer Burban (but I KNOW I can't afford that right now). I've considered getting another NBS SUV, but then I would be buying someone else's problems, because there is no such thing as a PERFECTLY maintained NBS for an affordable price. :hmm:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm like should I just go all out and redo EVERYTHING on my truck? Or throw in the towel and start over? It still runs and drives perfectly fine, I don't even have milkshake in the oil yet. Part of me wants to just keep driving it and save up some cash for a 6.0 swap. But part of me would also like to get a 2015 or newer Burban (but I KNOW I can't afford that right now). I've considered getting another NBS SUV, but then I would be buying someone else's problems, because there is no such thing as a PERFECTLY maintained NBS for an affordable price. :hmm:

By that, it sounds like you have your answer. You already know your rig and you don't have car note with it. Blow up that credit card and fix it up. The monthly note on the card would still be WAY cheaper than a note on another one. Head gaskets are $100 in parts and a day's work. Don't wait until you have a milkshake or that $100 in parts will turn into a $1,000 engine swap.

...Didn't you haul up another Suburban from NO a couple years ago?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

get a bottle of blue devil, flush the coolant, dump that stuff in, drain 1/2 and add new coolant. i used it in old old engine that was just eating coolant. it stopped eating it, but if you flush the coolant out so does the blue devil and it starts to eat coolant again. its a clear thin liquid, not tar. i took that engine apart after i blew it up. saw nothing bad from the BD. ps only reason i did a coolant flush was cause of years used, so it held up for like 4 years or so. till the flush, then i had to add more and it stopped asap once again.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked on upgrading my 1500 cluster to a 2500. Soldered in the mounts for the aircore stepper motor and applied the decal to the overlay. Sure wish someone sold complete overlays, but with these clusters being 17+ years old I guess I should be glad to find the decals.
DSCF3799.JPG
I can live with it.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil change. (3k interval) Oil pressure sensor #4... 2f0a01490017ef199efd0bf555947b01.jpg
Catch can: 94bbf500ab7e5cf6b694fd724a6b529f.jpgee00361c356b3e7bf1266a91eb6bbf45.jpg
Cranked the torsion keys 2 full turns. Gained approximately 1”on each side. Will need to let it settle, but want another inch or so. Still rides perfect. We’ll see after the next round. I do need to replace the jounce stops anyway, and will buy a 1” energy suspension spacer to fill the gap after the next crank. May need to install the taller keys, but we’ll see what I get with stock ones.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Oil change. (3k interval) Oil pressure sensor #4... 2f0a01490017ef199efd0bf555947b01.jpg
Catch can: 94bbf500ab7e5cf6b694fd724a6b529f.jpgee00361c356b3e7bf1266a91eb6bbf45.jpg
Cranked the torsion keys 2 full turns. Gained approximately 1”on each side. Will need to let it settle, but want another inch or so. Still rides perfect. We’ll see after the next round. I do need to replace the jounce stops anyway, and will buy a 1” energy suspension spacer to fill the gap after the next crank. May need to install the taller keys, but we’ll see what I get with stock ones.
Just bought the same sensor--AC Delco also-- from Amazon. Paid around $24 for it.