What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they were rubbing as you were driving? As in, adjusted too far out. They’re park brake shoes, after all. Unless you’ve been using your park brake to slow down?
Nope, not me. Park brakes have not held since I got the rig. Quick inspection found the cable adjuster sucked all the way in. At that point, I just ordered new shoes. Rotors are worse off then I had hoped.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still need to figure out why my knock sensor code is still on. As well as replace bank q sensor 1 02 sensor if I can figure out which one that is.
A knock and o2 code together, could indicate an issue. Are you able to see data or just going off a code being set? A lean bank can cause knock and a lean o2 code.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A knock and o2 code together, could indicate an issue. Are you able to see data or just going off a code being set? A lean bank can cause knock and a lean o2 code.

I had a code for my knock sensors a while back so I changed both of them and the harness. Good thing too because the wells were full of water. So i did the RTV dam as well as removed the foam so water can pass freely.

About 2 weeks after I did the knock sensors the same code came back. Then about 6 months or a year later (I cant remember when I did the knock sensors). I got a MAF code and O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 code. I checked up the MAF to me using a cleaner on it and I probably ruined it just havent gotten a new one yet.

I'm at a loss for the knock sensor though. The truck drives strong and I average about 16 mpg

Charles Goulet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 04 Tahoe Z71 for 3k with only 73k miles on it. But the friggin guy swapped the front end from his other tahoe that had well over 200k miles. The bushings and shocks are trash. The Sunroof leaks to the floor. Other than that. I love this truck. Engine is emaculate. I only use synthetic fluids. My plan is to put 33s on her and even out the stance with 2" lift for the front. Then it bolt on performance from there on out. Last but not least a Monster Transmission. #BluePrints

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a code for my knock sensors a while back so I changed both of them and the harness. Good thing too because the wells were full of water. So i did the RTV dam as well as removed the foam so water can pass freely.

About 2 weeks after I did the knock sensors the same code came back. Then about 6 months or a year later (I cant remember when I did the knock sensors). I got a MAF code and O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 code. I checked up the MAF to me using a cleaner on it and I probably ruined it just havent gotten a new one yet.

I'm at a loss for the knock sensor though. The truck drives strong and I average about 16 mpg
Did you use AC Delco?

Jonesy92

Reaction score
I loved upgrading the interior lights to LEDs. Definitely makes it seem newer if a vehicle. Yesterday, with the kiddos at school, I finally got done building a box for 2 12”subwoofers, that will fit between the 3rd row, and the trunk door. I love my bass, and with having to use the 3rd row all the time, I didn’t want to keep taking it in and out of the car. So? Fix the problem. Should work. Will let you know! Also, with my aftermarket radio installed, the rear audio controller for the second row I have pulled out. Going to make a purple/green Chevy logo that will turn on with auto headlights inside the vehicle. Color changing LeDs and all!

Reaction score
Well this was unexpected. Tail lights weren't supposed to be delivered until Thursday, but they came in today. 60 degrees and sunny today in MA, what better day to install than today (in January)?

Esky roof rails next - my buddy at the junk yard says the ones on the black Escalade (where I got my vent caps) are in great shape.
yukon old vent caps.jpg
yukon new tail lights.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout