What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Sam Harris

Curiously, I didn't find the actual oil pressure reading in the Tech 2 values; I thought it would say. Here is what it read for sender voltages at various oil pressures as indicated by the dash gauge:

Gauge Oil Sensor
Pressure_ Voltage (v)

0 (engine off) 0.53
35 1.69
40 1.86
45 2.06
50 2.29
60 2.41

YMMV

Wonder if one could disconnect the oil pressure sending unit and send a small dc voltage to the gauge through the wiring harness connector? I'm not sure which pins would be the right ones to do that without looking at a wiring diagram.
Thanks Fless! Well mine was showing 4.59 at idle. So something is definitely off. Appreciate you sharing the results!

Joe yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Fless! Well mine was showing 4.59 at idle. So something is definitely off. Appreciate you sharing the results!
Mine just pegged to the right I had to replace it all fine now it runs just below 40 all the time . 5.3 2006 .

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire rotation, bled brakes and replaced park shoes. She really needs rear rotors. The park shoe surface is really warn. Had a heck of a time getting the drivers side to hold good. But rear rotors are going to be another day. Did not have a 2nd ride at the shop to go get them and cant leave it torn down because I had to move a boat outside while I worked on it and I do not leave boast outside overnight, as well as rain is moving in. So another project for another day.

One half of the pad material is gone off each shoe. They were way past due.

IMG_20200110_133733928.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tire rotation, bled brakes and replaced park shoes. She really needs rear rotors. The park shoe surface is really warn. Had a heck of a time getting the drivers side to hold good. But rear rotors are going to be another day. Did not have a 2nd ride at the shop to go get them and cant leave it torn down because I had to move a boat outside while I worked on it and I do not leave boast outside overnight, as well as rain is moving in. So another project for another day.

One half of the pad material is gone off each shoe. They were way past due.

View attachment 238244
So they were rubbing as you were driving? As in, adjusted too far out. They’re park brake shoes, after all. Unless you’ve been using your park brake to slow down?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally did plugs and wires today. What a pain in the ass lol.

Much easier to do with the front end up and the fender liners removed. There was a 0% chance of going in from the top with my big clumsy hands.

Went with AC delco plugs and wires.

Still need to figure out why my knock sensor code is still on. As well as replace bank q sensor 1 02 sensor if I can figure out which one that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy