What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Looking for some information I can't seem to find. I am wanting to change my bench 22nd row seats to captains chairs if possible. I have a 2006 Tahoe LT with the cloth interior. Is the captains chairs just a direct bolt in swap or is it not possible without major modification? Thanks in advance

Any 2000-2006 short wheelbase (tahoe, yukon, escalade) will swap right in.

Exceptions are:
1) 2000 tahoe Z71 or limited
2) long wheelbase models (suburban, yukon XL, Escalade esv)

Thauber

Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing the junked Gabriel shocks in the rear with AcDelco, MAJOR improvement on ride quality and handling.
My guess is previous owner didn't check RPO codes to get the correct ones, or rather the shop he took it to didn't care (he gave me all the paperwork, the Gabriels are only 16 months old), because there was a night and day difference in overall handling once installing the original type.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing the junked Gabriel shocks in the rear with AcDelco, MAJOR improvement on ride quality and handling.
My guess is previous owner didn't check RPO codes to get the correct ones, or rather the shop he took it to didn't care (he gave me all the paperwork, the Gabriels are only 16 months old), because there was a night and day difference in overall handling once installing the original type.
Which shocks did yours come with? Are they the self-leveling Nivomat? (RPO: ZW7)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the ZW7 implied the Nivomat shocks. Maybe I’m wrong. Man, after reading the reviews, I’m starting to second guess my decision to go with Z71 springs and Bilsteins.. [emoji853]https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-580-354-Original-Equipment-Absorber/dp/B001KSC6LM
I don't think there has ever been a good alternative for the rear shocks on the nbs trucks I tried when I had mine and had tossed the originals right off the bat, kicked myself in the ass afterwards when I had to go buy new ones

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Thauber

Reaction score
I thought the ZW7 implied the Nivomat shocks. Maybe I’m wrong. Man, after reading the reviews, I’m starting to second guess my decision to go with Z71 springs and Bilsteins.. [emoji853]https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-580-354-Original-Equipment-Absorber/dp/B001KSC6LM
When I click the link, Amazon right off says those do not fit my truck (take with a grain of salt...). Rockauto also does not list those as fitting my truck. Perhaps not used on the XL version? Not sure, but I know the ones Rockauto did recommend for my ZW7 (#540-433) work outstanding.

EDIT: When I change my vehicle to not being the XL version, then they say they fit. Both on Amazon and Rockauto.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9