What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Have seen the pickle fork mentioned on here. Ok cool. Not too much rust, or Northeast rust per say. Guess it is time to find parts.

Do you think the inner tie rod damage has anything to do with being lowered and the change in geometry from OEM or just wear and tear over the years? Just curious if any thoughts?

@Rocket Man Do you have any input on the change out (parts of process) or anything else to look for while under there and things are slightly torn apart?
@Doubeleive is leading you in the right direction. I think it’s normal wearing iirc you’re lowered on spindles which doesn’t change geometry so there shouldn’t be any wear from lowering per se. Just check for play in components or if you’re concerned and depending on mileage you could opt to just do everything. That’s what I did but I tend to over do things. I just figured at 150 k I didn’t want to mess with doing it piecemeal so I did all the steering and suspension all at once. I used Moog’s Problem Solver line on almost everything except the Pitman arm because I heard about problems with the Moog and went with AC Delco Professional on it. I did all the tie rods, upper control arms, lower ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm and bracket. Not saying you need to but I would consider it depending on your mileage like I said, and taking into consideration your budget and whether anything has been previously replaced.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive is leading you in the right direction. I think it’s normal wearing iirc you’re lowered on spindles which doesn’t change geometry so there shouldn’t be any wear from lowering per se. Just check for play in components or if you’re concerned and depending on mileage you could opt to just do everything. That’s what I did but I tend to over do things. I just figured at 150 k I didn’t want to mess with doing it piecemeal so I did all the steering and suspension all at once. I used Moog’s Problem Solver line on almost everything except the Pitman arm because I heard about problems with the Moog and went with AC Delco Professional on it. I did all the tie rods, upper control arms, lower ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm and bracket. Not saying you need to but I would consider it depending on your mileage like I said, and taking into consideration your budget and whether anything has been previously replaced.

Thx Mark. Knew you would have some great supplemental info to what @Doubeleive was giving.

Coming up on 80k. Nothing looks to have been replaced, but going to check all previous service records (I am lucky to have everything from 0 miles).

Lowered on control arms (only the lower was replaced at the time as replacing the upper at the time was another chunk of change) not spindles. Was NorCal SS kit.

Moog Problem Solver, that was the other name I had seen in the Moog line.

And going back to a blacked out Denali lowered. Cannot remember his screen name but it was a sweet ride.

He used these parts
http://rareparts.com/

Said they were pretty HD and pricey too.

Thx for some good info and now some shopping to do and find the time to break it down.

Great learning resource.
thx guys.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the vent solenoid. I blew all the lines out each way multiple times to makes sure I got it all out. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work. I had a load of pellets on the ground and in each part and lines. I ended up changing all 3 components - Vent solenoid, vapor canister and purge valve.

Maybe didn’t need to but figured might as well make it all new.

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work. I had a load of pellets on the ground and in each part and lines. I ended up changing all 3 components - Vent solenoid, vapor canister and purge valve.

Maybe didn’t need to but figured might as well make it all new.
Duh. I did replace the canister. Didn’t even think of that. Lol. I pulled the purge and looked at it. No pellets inside so I didn’t change it

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh. I did replace the canister. Didn’t even think of that. Lol. I pulled the purge and looked at it. No pellets inside so I didn’t change it

That vapor canister is expensive too, but having a WOT fuel fill is worth it and no pellets or Codes either.

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score