What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
New cluster from Digital Dash Solutions. My damn oil pressure gauge is still pegged at 80. Guess I’ll have to warranty the AC Delco one just put in a couple months ago and replace it AGAIN. My fuel gauge is also reading higher. I was hoping it would be more accurate. And.. the hazard switch is reversed, so when engaged, the hazards are off. I’m considering returning this for a replacement.. not really pleased with the attention to detail.. Anyone else had less than stellar experience with them? e5fafe23e2ce4003e6af69bfc4c71af3.jpg
Wow, it’s bad enough but understandable if it’s one thing but that many things wrong is definitely unacceptable. Let us know what they say

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, it’s bad enough but understandable if it’s one thing but that many things wrong is definitely unacceptable. Let us know what they say
Yeah, first thing I noticed was the hazards, so I sent off an email. He replied, saying the hazards aren’t a cluster function, and mine must be “stuck”, to try cycling 20x.. weird, and that didn’t do anything (as expected), since they seem to have reversed polarity. Maybe I accidentally engaged them while plugging in the cluster. Not sure, but maybe that jacked up the BCM somehow. Anyway, I sent a second email, regarding the other issues. Awaiting a reply from that one. The thing that’s really not acceptable to me is the fuel gauge. It reads over full now, so I wonder how accurate that’s going to be.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, first thing I noticed was the hazards, so I sent off an email. He replied, saying the hazards aren’t a cluster function, and mine must be “stuck”, to try cycling 20x.. weird, and that didn’t do anything (as expected), since they seem to have reversed polarity. Maybe I accidentally engaged them while plugging in the cluster. Not sure, but maybe that jacked up the BCM somehow. Anyway, I sent a second email, regarding the other issues. Awaiting a reply from that one. The thing that’s really not acceptable to me is the fuel gauge. It reads over full now, so I wonder how accurate that’s going to be.
Mine reads past full when it’s full, all my vehicles always have. Are you saying it reads past full when the tank isn’t full? Also, isn’t the hazard switch on the top of the column?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine reads past full when it’s full, all my vehicles always have. Are you saying it reads past full when the tank isn’t full? Also, isn’t the hazard switch on the top of the column?
Yeah, it wasn’t over -full before, so I expected it to be on the money. Also, it was already shy of full by around 40 miles, so seems to be off by a significant amount.

Here’s this morning before fill up, with approximately 40-45 miles on the tank:
071a3edfef724c5861c856d23e27f889.jpg

And yes, the hazards work, they’re just reversed. Pushing in the hazard button turns them off now, rather than on. Maybe if it’s accidentally activated while installing, and plugging in the harness, it flips the polarity somehow.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn’t over -full before, so I expected it to be on the money. Also, it was already shy of full by around 40 miles, so seems to be off by a significant amount.

And yes, the hazards work, they’re just reversed. Pushing in the hazard button turns them off now, rather than on. Maybe if it’s accidentally activated while installing, and plugging in the harness, it flips the polarity somehow.

How do you know which is on or off position for the hazard switch and/or does it matter? I'm going to check mine when I go out to the truck.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you know which is on or off position for the hazard switch and/or does it matter? I'm going to check mine when I go out to the truck.
It’s a switch that locks down when depressed, And releases when disabled. Just clicks in a little. Not really a big deal, but it is reversed.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It’s a switch that locks down when depressed, And releases when disabled. Just clicks in a little. Not really a big deal, but it is reversed.

For whatever reason, I remember latched down being off, and it comes up when you turn them on... gonna drive me nuts for the next hour.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

Here’s this morning before fill up, with approximately 40-45 miles on the tank:
071a3edfef724c5861c856d23e27f889.jpg

Wait I think when I push the haz button on mine it pops up. Then I push it down to turn them off. I think...