What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Put the air bags in today. Went pretty smooth. I ended up having a air line for each bag come out right above the trailer hitch. I will say with 10psi in the bags I can feel a noticable difference in ride quality and I wish I did this a long time ago.
When I add new springs I’ll get airbags. What brand you go with again ?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BTK8WA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_lTAeDbT5EHWAY

Saw these were recommended in a thread about airbags and lowered trucks so I went with these. They fit great once once the truck is on the ground. I have the beltech 4 inch springs. Not gonna lie I was nervous I got too small of a bag but once it was on its weight they were snug.
Cool. I was hoping it was airlift . That’s what was on my truck when I first got it. But I never kept any air in them so they got ruined. Plus they were over 10 yrs old. I was told I should’ve kept at least 10lbs in them at all times even with no load :shrug:

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I was hoping it was airlift . That’s what was on my truck when I first got it. But I never kept any air in them so they got ruined. Plus they were over 10 yrs old. I was told I should’ve kept at least 10lbs in them at all times even with no load :shrug:
The instructions say 5psi with no load but the place I went to to get air had the lowest setting of 10. (I'm moving so I just sold my compressor)

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 I did the same, although mine were showing some play in them at 150k. I also recommend the Timkens, Amazon has a good price on them.
I'm really hoping that this is why this truck has always felt a little "loose" especially on the highway. I've been chasing that problem for awhile. Front shocks are new bilsteins. Tie rods, ucas, sway bar bushings and links, steering linkages are all new. Added a steering damper. Recent alignment.

Was starting to suspect the steering box. It's been adjusted and that helped some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63